Please Help Support E-Mods.net by Donating

e-mods.net

• 2020-08-03, 11:04:03
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search

News:

Looking for VTMR Modding Tutorials? Check out the Modding Tutorials section of e-mods.net.

Author Topic: Multiplayer problems upon Christof's embrace  (Read 3142 times)

Tromador

• Old Fool
Multiplayer problems upon Christof's embrace
« on: 2011-06-20, 02:45:53 »

Just started playing through AoR with Batgirl. We created a couple of (oddly enough) tremmie characters and entered the game.

Bats was hosting and I joined her game.

We both started off flagged as humans which was fine and completed silver mines as normal, gaining the protect prague @ night mission.

This is where it went a bit off kilter. The protect prague never showed completed in my log when it did in Bats, kicking off the embrace scenes. At the end of which, we both had the monastery quest in our logs, though mine continued to show protect prague incomplete. In addition Bats character was converted back to Vampire, whilst mine was still human meaning I had to create a new vampire to continue with the game.

Phantom of the Vamp

Re: Multiplayer problems upon Christof's embrace
« Reply #1 on: 2011-06-30, 23:54:45 »

The journal entries on what you need to do next in the game only the host player, in this case Bats can see. 

What I've done is rollplayed with friends joining my game on what tasks we needed to do next in order to progress in the games storyline since I was hosting it.

Because the storyline and everything in the game follows the host, you are effectively just an NPC for the entire game helping Christoff win (well whoever is hosting the game anyway).  This is why only the host will embrace into a vampire and all NPC's playing the game won't.  At this point we usually took a break, remade our characters and continued in the game. 

To change that it might be an idea for AOR 2012/2013 where maybe it could be a feature or editable setting.  AOR has a lot of potential!! 

Javokis

• Horses Dick
    • E-Mods.net
Re: Multiplayer problems upon Christof's embrace
« Reply #2 on: 2011-07-01, 21:41:50 »

Just started playing through AoR with Batgirl. We created a couple of (oddly enough) tremmie characters and entered the game.

Bats was hosting and I joined her game.

We both started off flagged as humans which was fine and completed silver mines as normal, gaining the protect prague @ night mission.

This is where it went a bit off kilter. The protect prague never showed completed in my log when it did in Bats, kicking off the embrace scenes. At the end of which, we both had the monastery quest in our logs, though mine continued to show protect prague incomplete. In addition Bats character was converted back to Vampire, whilst mine was still human meaning I had to create a new vampire to continue with the game.

The logs are system based so any issues are a result of the engine and not the mod. The engine probably wasn't meant to handle proper log updates for clients...

As for having everyone turn human/vampire in mp during game session... I can make an option for that too. Potentially sooner rather than later.
"There's nothing wrong with horses dicks, there's nothing wrong with sucking horses dicks." -Signo

Page created in 0.09 seconds with 27 queries.