Please Help Support E-Mods.net by Donating

e-mods.net

• 2020-08-05, 06:46:29
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search

News:

Looking for VTMR Modding Tutorials? Check out the Modding Tutorials section of e-mods.net.

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Age of Redemption v2011 LAUNCHED  (Read 13607 times)

Javokis

• Horses Dick
    • E-Mods.net
Age of Redemption v2011 LAUNCHED
« on: 2011-01-12, 20:40:37 »

For download link and information, check here:

https://e-mods.net/modules/mods/about_aor.php

If you're having trouble with the mod or wish to make comments or suggestions, you may post here.

[added]

Source code for the AoR 2011 has been included with the NodSDKProjects Eclipse workspace here:

https://e-mods.net/modules/nodsdkprojects/

FIXES (1.12.2011)

-Crash involving the Leopold workers carrying unsupported holy water.
       (Yes. This fixes the Leopold crash issue)
-Some walk cycle AI's weren't using the new AI protocols.
-Fixed some dilution calculation errors for discipline dilution.
-Only stats above 50 will be diluted.
-Dilution can be turned on/off in the config file now.

« Last Edit: 2012-12-14, 12:50:11 by Javokis »
"There's nothing wrong with horses dicks, there's nothing wrong with sucking horses dicks." -Signo

Phantom of the Vamp

Re: Age of Redemption v2011 LAUNCHED
« Reply #1 on: 2011-02-06, 13:01:23 »

This mod worked great.  I had a lot of fun playing it!  :)

I liked the fact that at the end you scripted it so I could choose which ending to get.  That was awesome. 

Though the ending was really hard to beat since I was playing solo.  I tried spawning Wilhelm to help me out except he just stood there.  Even tried killing him then using an awaken spell to see if he'd help me.  The NPC's like Wilhelm work great as long as you don't log out, then log back in again where they disappear for me.

As always I look forward to each release.  And in the meantime I look forward to playing this over again several times over.  :)

Acleacius

« Reply #2 on: 2011-05-06, 00:38:24 »

Thanks for your work on this great mod, Javokis!  :)

First time I've tried AoR, the AI improvements are amazing. Couldn't believe it when Serena start Rasing the Dead and I mean ALL of them.  ;)

Had a really great experience overall and wanted to ask about a couple of issues I'm having and experienced.

First it's been so long since I've tried multiplayer, forgotten if we could Save games in Vanilla (seems I recall we could) but I can't atm and not sure if it's AoR.

Secondly I really like the distance the Coterie stands now, though a minor problem is the Range of group Disciplines like Cloak the Gathering. Though I did notice all team members with CtG  cast it when the PC does, so this could be a work around to some degree or would it be possible for you to Extend the range of Disciplines like CtG, especially with all the Newly Risen Dead?

The worst problem I've had is my game broke at Orsi, I have beat on him for up to 3 or 4 minutes. I've even tried using the 100 damage Aggravated Sun damage from your Amazing Tutorial. Tried moving the Savegame data to normal Redemption to finish the game (so close to the end) with no luck as AoR has apparently changed it too much to Load. Is there anything I can do to prevent losing this game completely e.g. a console command or something?

Oh there is another bug not as serious but still not good, in regards to Walk the Abysis. Just before the cutscene with Anezka at Vysehrad Castle cast WtA to set points before transition. Now anytime I cast WtA in Modern time, I'm sent back to Medieval time where I'm free to shop at the Blacksmith and Golden Lane.

Quote from: PhantomGoat
....I tried spawning Wilhelm to help me out except he just stood there.......
I'm guessing your AI was not active or was set to Defensive.

Thanks again for all your work Javokis.  :)

Acleacius

« Reply #3 on: 2011-05-07, 08:02:37 »

Any suggestions Javokis, really hate to lose the time on this game?

Thanks.

Javokis

• Horses Dick
    • E-Mods.net
« Reply #4 on: 2011-05-27, 19:38:42 »

That's an interesting catch... I'll have to look into Orsi's AI and that WtA at Vysehrad exploit. To be quite honest, I don't recall actually fighting Orsi when I was testing that level because I was trying to fix the lift for multiplayer and thus was only using the ST Actor Kill button.

So I'm gonna run a proper playthrough of the game in single player...

I noticed a couple of minor bugs on my end as well. I made a minor mistake with the walk cycle scripts that caused some actors with only 1 patrol point to go to that point and stay there. Fixed now so actors will go back and forth full cycle. Also having a respawn issue in single player where after I kill an actor then leave the level the respawn doesn't occur for that actor when I return. In essence, the timer never resumes (only an issue in single player). The problem was that I only resumed the timer on a restoration of a saved game rather than level load event. This isn't an issue in multiplayer since scripts will run on levels even if there are no players present. In single player, all scripts are killed upon player exit from level [probably to cut down on RAM usage back in those days]. So that's been fixed (for single player).
"There's nothing wrong with horses dicks, there's nothing wrong with sucking horses dicks." -Signo

Javokis

• Horses Dick
    • E-Mods.net
« Reply #5 on: 2011-05-29, 15:00:36 »

[Double post prerogative]

So anyway, here's a list of things I've done so far for AoR.

-Fixed crash involving the Cloak the Gathering discipline
-Fixed issue with walk cycle scripts not going "full cycle". Actors were skipping patrol nodes.
-Fixed respawn issues in single player where timers weren't resuming when players leave a level.
-Added an option in config to auto add to party any specific story driven player that's spawned in mp. (Erik, Wilhem, Serena, ect)
   (Great for living things up in your MP game like spawning Lily into dark age chronicles or Serena into modern day)
   (Now they add to your "party" and aid you in combat when ever and where ever. Enjoy...)
-Added an option to set AI's limit of pet discipline usage.
-Molotov cocktails and greek fire are now much more dangerous - uses WODAL's lure of flames effect when explodes
-Oops... forgot to set the haven portal location when transitioning to modern day after vysehrad scene. FIXED
-Extended range of Cloak the Gathering
-The Saving crosses and ahkurns located in havens now revive fallen party members instead of saving.
   (These haven props were only useful in game version 1.0 before save anywhere was added in 1.1 VTMR patch)
   (They have been rather useless for version 1.1 users since so now they have a purpose.)
-After completing the Stephansdom in Vienna, players should be able to return to it and replay to heart's content.
   (Also... players should be able to use Haven Portal discipline there from then on)
   (Same goes for use of Haven Portal in Teutonic Base and Society of Leopold upon their completion)

Still going through the game to find any more bugs to fix or features to add. Currently playing through Stephansdom.... holy shit tough. Not sure when I'll launch this, but might be soon... or later. Never know these days....
« Last Edit: 2011-05-29, 15:04:29 by Javokis »

Signothorn

• Team
« Reply #6 on: 2011-05-29, 18:01:40 »

Aor Also doesn't seem to work on Tunngle :'(

Javokis

• Horses Dick
    • E-Mods.net
« Reply #7 on: 2011-05-29, 23:52:22 »

That's weird. I probably wont be able to play MP with this ISP anyway.

Back to bug reports: I found a bug that only affects single player. It appears that NPC's that are killed in single player will not drop their items automatically. Seems that NPC item dropping upon death [by default] is a multiplayer only feature. Oh well. I was able to fix the problem with a script so now the Teutonic Knights will drop the magical items they take from the players [in single player].

Javokis

• Horses Dick
    • E-Mods.net
« Reply #8 on: 2011-06-01, 00:21:22 »

[meow post]

I added the option to allow Serena to transition to modern day with Christof. Should make getting out of SoL more reasonable. She'll stick around till you reach the ship. I don't have a plot for her, but she'll make a useful addition for the duration of being in London. She also suffers from Dilution if enabled so be prepared to spend on stat and discipline restoration before anything else. SoL is still tough even with Serena, but you'll still have the off switch in the config file if you feel you don't need Serena in London.

As for that plot thing, it's still up in the air and anyone can throw their thoughts at it. I had some ideas for some additional cutscenes, but unless people want to see text conversations, I can't really have a lot of interaction with Serena. I'm thinking that she pulls a Gordon Freeman on Christof and pretty much stops talking. This reminds me that I keep forgetting to make a crowbar...

Javokis

• Horses Dick
    • E-Mods.net
« Reply #9 on: 2011-06-05, 00:20:33 »

I double checked Orsi and he doesn't have any invulnerability flags or anything like that.

He does, however, have tweaked up defenses [soaks and stamina]. He also has Fortitude. Orsi is the second to the last boss you have to fight so I would say treat him like he's Vukodlak. Don't use firearms because not only is his soak great against normal damage (stamina 70 + 80 normal soak and normal damage is halved for vampires) so yeah.... don't use firearms on him (not even the chainfun does much). Also what little damage you happen to do, he'll heal himself as often as the usual tweaked up vampire in AoR so take that into account too. Think Prison of Ice and Plaguewind... yes... plague wind. He has zero defense against disease damage. Orsi isn't broken... he works all TOO well.

Oh and don't use my old guide for AoR. AoR makes enough changes to require you to rethink your strategies.
« Last Edit: 2011-06-05, 00:22:24 by Javokis »

Javokis

• Horses Dick
    • E-Mods.net
« Reply #10 on: 2011-06-11, 23:51:19 »

I made my first config app with c#. I have plans on including it in next release. It's capable of reading the config.txt file and writing it.

See pic. :)

Tromador

• Old Fool
« Reply #11 on: 2011-06-20, 02:46:33 »

Works fine for me.

Signothorn

• Team
« Reply #12 on: 2011-06-21, 20:01:18 »

Works fine for me.

Weird but at least there's hope.  I tried playing with 3 other people separately and neither could see my games nor could I see theirs but we could see each other fine in vanilla redemption. We even tried one using vanilla and the other using aor.  It would run fine in solo.

Phantom of the Vamp

« Reply #13 on: 2011-06-30, 23:32:57 »

AOR 2012 is gonna be fun to try out, I'm definately looking forward to it!!  I look forward to having Serena around, that'l be neat.  :)

The only other thing I can think of off hand when hosting a game in multi-player is that every so often when friends were picking up weapons/gear from dead NPC's, somehow their inventory would get bugged up.  On some occasions they couldn't put down a weapon, or switch weapons.  On other occasions I had to possess their character and rearrange their inventory for them.  After arranging their inventory they were able to pick up weapons/gear and place it in their inventory. 

I never had any issues with Orsi.  He worked well every time, so I do believe your right about picking strategy on different vampires. 

I tried playing around some more with Quietus, Thanatosis, and Temporis for use with AOR but either the programming is way over my head or I don't understand enough about how the game works to get these scripts working.  Probably the best mod I've been able to add to AOR is this one (http://www.gamefront.com/files/8776/Tzimisce-with-Vicissitude/).  This gives Garou (powers), Salubri (obeah), Assimite (no Quietus), Tzimisce (with vissitude), Ravnos (no Chimerstry), Setite, and Human (new powers). 

To add the MOD to AoR I put these in the Vampire folder:

Local_Eng.nob -> Contains Strings (system.nls) & ui
Resource.nob -> Contains misc (game.ncd, game.ndd, game.ndg)

Also need to put a copy of misc & strings folders in main vampire directory.

For age of redemption add the same files to the AOR directory:

AoR.nob -> Contains strings (system.nls) & misc (game.ncd, game.ndd, game.ndg)

Also need to put a copy of misc & strings folders in main AOR directory.

Viola!

Sloul

« Reply #14 on: 2011-07-03, 20:02:06 »

Hello there!

I just discovered AoR thanks to youtube, and I was kinda surprised when I tried it out, its not really what I expected, I mean you did a brand new campaign for this mod and waouh! This campaign is great!
The only thing that I dont like when playing your campaign since im playing solo is that I cant recruit companions.

Love this mod! Thanks  ;D
Pages: [1] 2

Page created in 0.093 seconds with 26 queries.