Please Help Support E-Mods.net by Donating

e-mods.net

• 2020-08-15, 09:09:31
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search

News:

Looking for VTMR Modding Tutorials? Check out the Modding Tutorials section of e-mods.net.

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6

Author Topic: GigaPack Final  (Read 31109 times)

EtaYorius

• Jewish Gothic Chef
  • Team
  • EtaYorius Mystic
    • CLICK HERE TO VISIT MYSPACE SITE.
Re: GigaPack Final
« Reply #60 on: 2011-10-22, 10:44:44 »

Oh my God! i just found something really AWSOME!! i dont know if anyone else have knew this, but i didnt!! it seems when vamp runs regularly it is CPU dependant, i have been checking Redemption performance with GPU-Z and it seems it Redemption never ever Full GPU force, my gpu was reporting that Redemption seems to only use 150mhz (20%) of my GPU! what a turd!! so when spawning lots of Giga characters the lagged horribly... but i just found a way to use Full GPU force! by going to shortcut, right click and properties, after the -console add another called -dxlevel 90 (to use DX9 to render) and my performance boosted by triple! i can spawn 3 times more models and GPU-Z showed that gpu usage was 100% (920mhz) and who knows if it can be forced to use DX11, my gpu is a AMD HD5770, i dont know if thats the same case on Geforce cards but at least i got a super performance boost! just letting know...
Victims... arent we all?

Javokis

• Horses Dick
    • E-Mods.net
« Reply #61 on: 2011-10-22, 14:36:52 »

I'll have to try that when I get home. This kind of goes back to my initial theory that the issue was related to DX 7 using DX 9 models rather than just a NOD engine issue.

[edit]

I'm rather curious as to how this affects the Gemini Corporation map as that is normally quite a laggy map even on high performance computers.
« Last Edit: 2011-10-22, 14:41:38 by Javokis »
"There's nothing wrong with horses dicks, there's nothing wrong with sucking horses dicks." -Signo

Mort

• Team
« Reply #62 on: 2011-10-22, 15:23:26 »

Mgust, When the file is available try it with all your stuff and let me know if you still got issues.

Righto sir.  Just give me a heads up when its ready for DL

i dont know if thats the same case on Geforce cards

I have a GeForce GTX 260 and tried adding the target line. I tested on Gemini Coorp to test Jakovis' theory, though it didn't appear to work.  Got the same amount of FPS on both tests.  Not sure if it differs between cards or what, but I thought id let you know.
« Last Edit: 2011-10-22, 15:46:06 by mgust35 »
"Ordog, when I said "Give me some gold," I meant to do some cool moves; not drop a bag of gold.."

EtaYorius

• Jewish Gothic Chef
  • Team
  • EtaYorius Mystic
« Reply #63 on: 2011-10-22, 19:54:20 »

Ok i tried this before going to work (same reason for arriving late haha) it seems that it does not boost performance but the frame rate seems much more stable, i tested this just arriving home... and it does seems to help since for some reason it feels smoother but not faster.

It is still a better way to use Redemption, i kinda feelt i was getting more fps but no, it just feels smoother but you still get same amount of FPS.

/Edit

Ok i did more test, it DOES helps redemption alot by using DX9 (dont be fooled it is not running on DX9 all it does is use DX9 API RENDER and allow you to use more your GPU instead of the CPU) but it DOES NOT gives more FPS, but you can actually spawn more stuff without getting all that much lag, i would definetly recomend to use this trick.

Try this on Prince mansion without it and spawn Giga Arab a few times, now try the same with -dxlevel 90 and you will not see more fps but more STABLE and less Lag, you will see what i mean.
« Last Edit: 2011-10-22, 20:12:01 by DarkLobo »
Victims... arent we all?

EtaYorius

• Jewish Gothic Chef
  • Team
  • EtaYorius Mystic
« Reply #64 on: 2011-10-22, 20:34:41 »

Here is proof that makes redemption more stable, before i couldnt spawn more than 6 before my FPS droping to 14, now look how many spawned i got 60 FSP stable (when i pressed F12 my FPS went down to 57) now you see what i am talking?

I still get 14 fps in Gemini Corporation too... its just the damn map.

I was never EVER able to spawn this many models and keep this nice smooth framerate, going to spawn more and take another screen and see how much my fps drop.
« Last Edit: 2011-10-22, 20:36:35 by DarkLobo »
Victims... arent we all?

EtaYorius

• Jewish Gothic Chef
  • Team
  • EtaYorius Mystic
« Reply #65 on: 2011-10-22, 20:41:39 »

Ok, second pic... there are actually 9 more Arabs than what the ST panel Shows, i am still getting a stable 31 FPS when closing the ST PANEL.

Victims... arent we all?

EtaYorius

• Jewish Gothic Chef
  • Team
  • EtaYorius Mystic
« Reply #66 on: 2011-10-22, 20:42:36 »

I will post pics without the -dxlevel 90 and you will see how much my fps will DROP.

By the way GigaPack_Final is up and ready to Download.

Now without -dxlevel 90 same performance and less arabns, FPS started going down quite fast to same performance as with -dxlevel 90 but much less arabs!! damn im so happy to have found this trick.
« Last Edit: 2011-10-22, 21:11:37 by DarkLobo »
Victims... arent we all?

EtaYorius

• Jewish Gothic Chef
  • Team
  • EtaYorius Mystic
« Reply #67 on: 2011-10-28, 08:31:14 »

Damn! there are more bad news, like i said... if not one thing its another, it seems Signo found out that Giga is crashing E-mod, and i just found what is the problem, there seems to be an issue with Template file called "_GigaExp.not", for some reason when the file is inside Giga it makes E-Mod completely unstable, you dont even need to select a model from giga to get crash, it seems just the mere prescence of the file inside Giga makes E-Mod angry, i tried to open the file on Not Editor and found no issue on the file, so i have no frigging idea what the issue with E-Mod.

Now here is the good news... sort of... well, since its a template Issue i wont have to upload the whole damn AGAIN, all i need to do is to somehow fix the issue inside "_GigaExp.not"  and re upload only this file.

Since i have no idea whats wrong... i may just need to redo the whole file, this is going be really really boring and may take me up to 2 hours and i kinda feel sick of doing the whole file again, its not that hard but i kinda pisses me off to have to redo the file.
« Last Edit: 2011-10-28, 08:32:48 by DarkLobo »
Victims... arent we all?

Luke1987

« Reply #68 on: 2011-10-29, 09:17:47 »

Hi.

First of all thanks for this great mod!
DX90 hack works good for my system too, can i use DX11? ;-)

« Last Edit: 2011-10-30, 21:18:58 by DarkLobo »

Signothorn

• Team
« Reply #69 on: 2011-10-30, 14:39:19 »

I'm not finding the _GigaExp.not file at all, I see 2 versions of _giga.not, _My_Giga.not and _Play_Giga.not.  >:(

EtaYorius

• Jewish Gothic Chef
  • Team
  • EtaYorius Mystic
« Reply #70 on: 2011-10-30, 19:23:51 »

You must have a really really old version, you sure you downloaded and unpacked the Newest Giga?
Victims... arent we all?

EtaYorius

• Jewish Gothic Chef
  • Team
  • EtaYorius Mystic
« Reply #71 on: 2011-10-30, 21:19:44 »

Hi.

Youre welcome, and i doubt DX11 will work hehe.

How come i can modify others replies? i accidentally hit Modify instead of Quote...
Victims... arent we all?

Signothorn

• Team
« Reply #72 on: 2011-10-31, 00:35:23 »

Hi.

Youre welcome, and i doubt DX11 will work hehe.

How come i can modify others replies? i accidentally hit Modify instead of Quote...

Because you're a moderator. Also, you were right, I had a previous version of Giga still on my desktop. Piss.

EtaYorius

• Jewish Gothic Chef
  • Team
  • EtaYorius Mystic
« Reply #73 on: 2011-10-31, 06:13:12 »

Holy crap! since when do i have such powers!?
Victims... arent we all?

Signothorn

• Team
« Reply #74 on: 2011-10-31, 08:32:26 »

Holy crap! since when do i have such powers!?

I think I remembered Jav saying something a few years ago. We use SMF at PV, don't you see ip addresses at the bottom right hand corner of each post?
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6

Page created in 0.065 seconds with 25 queries.