Please Help Support E-Mods.net by Donating

e-mods.net

• 2020-08-15, 10:02:16
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search

News:

Looking for VTMR Modding Tutorials? Check out the Modding Tutorials section of e-mods.net.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6

Author Topic: GigaPack Final  (Read 31114 times)

EtaYorius

• Jewish Gothic Chef
  • Team
  • EtaYorius Mystic
    • CLICK HERE TO VISIT MYSPACE SITE.
Re: GigaPack Final
« Reply #45 on: 2011-10-19, 18:16:10 »

Aw damn it, it seems some Lawmen and Enemies didnt not had a weapon asigned, causing them to not attack at all... i had no idea how this happened, since they have had a weapon asigned from earlier builds... anyway i will upload a small size (less than 1mb) fix for those that already downloaded the pack, it includes the fixed templates and i will also reupload the whole file again for anyone who havent downloaded the pack so they have best build.

And i tested the damn pack for WEEKS... geesh.
Victims... arent we all?

Mort

• Team
« Reply #46 on: 2011-10-19, 22:28:19 »

Having an issue with the pack.  Every time i try loading a game (the actual map) with the pack, my vtmr crashes when I click "start".  This only happens while giga is in the vtmr directory and does the same thing for every map i try to run.  My computer should be able to run the pack easily.

I followed the readme installation instructions along with removing the modern weapon pack.

Any suggestions?
« Last Edit: 2011-10-19, 22:32:45 by mgust35 »
"Ordog, when I said "Give me some gold," I meant to do some cool moves; not drop a bag of gold.."

Signothorn

• Team
« Reply #47 on: 2011-10-20, 02:46:39 »

You should try removing all mods with exception to the gigapack then start the game to see if it loads. If it does, then try loading another mod then load again. Repeat this over and over. It's likely caused by a texture with the same names conflicting. Also make sure you're using a new game, rather than loading a previous save.

EtaYorius

• Jewish Gothic Chef
  • Team
  • EtaYorius Mystic
« Reply #48 on: 2011-10-20, 07:04:26 »

Maybe its another .nob file that is conflicting with Giga, since i dont use any mods except for MOTA i cant be sure... but try what Signo suggested, also delete any prior Giga CHARACTER each time you install the pack since newest builds are not fully compatible with older build saved characters, i will upload the complete fixed version along with the "Fix-Only" for those who already downloaded the file previously.

I really dont know what could be causing your issues, did you removed older version of giga or bloodlinesmegapack before installing newewst Giga? i have 2 pcs and 1 laptop and the file seems to work fine on all of them, but like i said i dont have any mods or packs appart from Mota and some E-mods.net hosted packs.

(Edit)
Oh yes i remember having an issue like that just couple of weeks ago, what i did is i disabled the Index Service selecting my Main HDD (C:) Right Click properties and having ticked off "Allow Files in this Drive to have Content Indexed..." for some reason Vamp became horribly unstable, it crashed on every single Map and when i enabled the option again all went fine, just a suggestion.

Let us know if what Signo Suggested (removing all mods except for Giga) did the trick, if so then you can try mod by mod and see which one is giving you issues, this way we can isolate the issue and possibly i can arrange Giga to not conflict with that mod.
« Last Edit: 2011-10-20, 07:11:38 by DarkLobo »
Victims... arent we all?

Mort

• Team
« Reply #49 on: 2011-10-20, 12:59:29 »

I dont use a mod, so I started looking at each NOB file to see which one was conflicting.  It ended up being the EOTW Pack.  Specifically the "Dark Realm Skins 2.nob" file within it.  After looking through it, it appears that the strauss and caine skins from bloodlines is included.  Due to those being in bloodlines megapack, I would assume thats what was causing the crash.
« Last Edit: 2011-10-20, 13:04:26 by mgust35 »
"Ordog, when I said "Give me some gold," I meant to do some cool moves; not drop a bag of gold.."

EtaYorius

• Jewish Gothic Chef
  • Team
  • EtaYorius Mystic
« Reply #50 on: 2011-10-20, 14:06:35 »

Oh i see... i think thats one of Lenora?s Minogue packs, we usually exchange Models... i cant do much on that side, ill try to ask her to rename The Bloodlines models she included in her pack and now that you mentioned i will also rename some models she sent me, i am most sure that few models inside GigaPack are also inside DarkRealmsSkins.

This means i cannot just upload a minor Fix, i will have to reupload the whole pack in this matter... stability is first i guess.
Victims... arent we all?

Signothorn

• Team
« Reply #51 on: 2011-10-20, 18:14:59 »

Gigapack Final...Part 10...  ::)

Mort

• Team
« Reply #52 on: 2011-10-20, 20:12:10 »

stability is first i guess.

Also appears that im having some crashing issues when spawning certain things in game while having other NOB files in.  I dont seem to have the issue when its just the default NOBs and giga though.  Ill go through and see what other packs are interfering when I get some time for your reference.
« Last Edit: 2011-10-20, 20:19:31 by mgust35 »

Signothorn

• Team
« Reply #53 on: 2011-10-20, 20:22:55 »

perhaps giving all the textures giga names would prevent conflicts, much like you do with character names in the .NOT editor.

EtaYorius

• Jewish Gothic Chef
  • Team
  • EtaYorius Mystic
« Reply #54 on: 2011-10-20, 21:40:24 »

Just doing that, i already renamed most Bloodlines models and the ones we exchanged... now i just need to rename the Textures too... geesh this is gona take some time.

I also added the MDWeaponPack (it has mostly modern guns and some melee ones) so if you have that pack you also need to remove it.

I dont think props or items are an issue, mostly character models i.

But yeah if you find any more issues let me know which files are conflicting.
Victims... arent we all?

EtaYorius

• Jewish Gothic Chef
  • Team
  • EtaYorius Mystic
« Reply #55 on: 2011-10-21, 06:50:56 »

55 files from both DarkRealmSkins packs are conflicting with Giga and the versions i got are from arround March 2011, i know Lenny updates those files quite regularly too, so ill fix those 55 files that are conflicting with giga and i will also try to give the MDWeaponPack or ModernPistolPack (what ever they are called) an unique textures, templates and models too.

I dont think other packs should be conflicting with Giga, i can understand why DarkRealmsSkins packs are conflicting since Lenora and me exchange models regularly, but most other Skins and Props Packs shouldnt be a problem, if i finish today i will upload the file today at night, i guess i will add a few more things to Giga now that i have more damn work to do... there were few things i wanted to add like some FBI Agents and some UFO i did a week ago.

There was a tool called SkinSwitch2 which will come in handy for this matter.
Victims... arent we all?

Signothorn

• Team
« Reply #56 on: 2011-10-21, 07:47:28 »

Awesome, just in time, I'm going on vacation after next week and will be working on my Seagal movie for the 1st time since I was promoted to store manager in May. I also owe some front page love for Redemption projects on P-V but my front page admin panel isn't functioning atm. Nice work as always DL. ;D

EtaYorius

• Jewish Gothic Chef
  • Team
  • EtaYorius Mystic
« Reply #57 on: 2011-10-21, 10:40:18 »

Geesh! if not one thing its another! the damn SkinSwitch2 tool corrupts my models randomly, so i need to do this manually over milkshape... just great, its going to take more time this way.
Victims... arent we all?

EtaYorius

• Jewish Gothic Chef
  • Team
  • EtaYorius Mystic
« Reply #58 on: 2011-10-21, 13:23:44 »

Ok, i finished! it was much faster than i thought... but i wont upload now because i want to test more, if all goes well i will upload tonight.

I already installed both GigaPack and Both DarkRealmSkins Packs and encounter no error while proping or spawning characters, this should add much more compatibily.

I rather not mess with MDWeaponPack, if you got it installed you are going to need to remove it... i dont want any more extra work or i just might get tired and abandon the damn pack like usually do when i work too much on it.

As of now GigaPack contains 4,422 files in 20 folders!  i cant belive i did all that much crap.
Victims... arent we all?

EtaYorius

• Jewish Gothic Chef
  • Team
  • EtaYorius Mystic
« Reply #59 on: 2011-10-22, 07:49:32 »

I am having issues uploading the damn file, right now i am uploading but its going to take 8 hours and a half just to upload (usually do this at night) but something went wrong while i was asleep so the file transfer got stopped at 0.4% haha...

Anyway i tried the pack with many maps, skinpacks and itemspack and found no error, i tried to spawn each and every single character, item and prop from giga while having all the other nobs installed, 100% success this time... if by God knows you got another crash GEESH you are just gonga have to deal with it, i cannot try each and every single .nob file that exists, but as of now Giga is more stable with common and popular packs.

Mgust, When the file is available try it with all your stuff and let me know if you still got issues.

Victims... arent we all?
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6

Page created in 0.143 seconds with 25 queries.