Please Help Support E-Mods.net by Donating

e-mods.net

• 2020-07-11, 03:55:27
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search

News:

Looking for VTMR Modding Tutorials? Check out the Modding Tutorials section of e-mods.net.

Author Topic: Crash when Alt Tabbing  (Read 3343 times)

Trogers2

• "Help the helpless, it just might make you a better person"
    • Kindred-knights
Crash when Alt Tabbing
« on: 2010-05-15, 18:58:38 »

Never had this problem before, on my old video card. Upon upgrading to a 512mb 8400gs low profile I crash 85% of the time when alt tabbing, any idea what could be causing this?

Mort

• Team
Re: Crash when Alt Tabbing
« Reply #1 on: 2010-05-15, 23:16:19 »

Hey Tom.  This is a pretty common thing for new aged (sort of) video cards.  Im not sure about all the brands, but I do know geforce graphics cards have this issue.  I don't think there is a fix for the issue itself, (at least from my experiences with the issue over the years) but you can get around it.

What I do is run it in window mode by adding: -window  in the target line after -console in the properties of your vtmr icon you use.

This will most likely cause your in-game to be very dark, so turn the brightness up to max.  You should be able to alt-tab and all, but you will have to get use to the dark screen.

-Matt
« Last Edit: 2010-05-15, 23:20:41 by mgust35 »
"Ordog, when I said "Give me some gold," I meant to do some cool moves; not drop a bag of gold.."

Signothorn

• Team
« Reply #2 on: 2010-05-16, 15:02:10 »

I used to have this prob with both ATI and Nvidia cards on XP but switching to Windows 7 allowed me to do it on either card.

EtaYorius

• Jewish Gothic Chef
  • Team
  • EtaYorius Mystic
    • CLICK HERE TO VISIT MYSPACE SITE.
« Reply #3 on: 2010-07-27, 08:20:14 »

Odd, i can do it on WinXP using ATi Radeon 9100 but not on nVidia GeForce 9800GT, and i remember not being able to alt tab either on Win7 x64 on both ATi and nVidia, all of a sudden i was able to do it on both GPU?s on Win7, quite odd...
Victims... arent we all?

Page created in 0.06 seconds with 26 queries.