Please Help Support E-Mods.net by Donating

e-mods.net

• 2020-08-04, 06:38:43
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search

News:

Looking for VTMR Modding Tutorials? Check out the Modding Tutorials section of e-mods.net.

Author Topic: Gaze Mod forum  (Read 3559 times)

Javokis

• Horses Dick
    • E-Mods.net
Gaze Mod forum
« on: 2006-08-24, 23:09:10 »

I just want to let everyone know that I am trying to figure out what went wrong to the Gaze mod forum.

http://vampiresgaze.igniseus.com/phpBB2/

I just want everyone to know that before the error started to occur I was attempting to install the anti-spam mods onto their forum. They appeared to install successfully and I noticed no problems, but then the error occured. Actually I noticed there was problems on the board BEFORE I had admin rights so I am not sure if this is my doing. If so, I am sorry to the Gaze Mod members.

I wonder if the spam-bots have finally overloaded the Gaze Mod forum. This has happened before and it appears that the spam-bots may be doing this solely for the purpose of destroying phpBB forums and I tend to wonder if all spam-bots are nothing more than a virus attacking phpbb boards everywhere. Now that I recall, the SoC forum had a similar problem.

http://www.vampirerp.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3747

Though the error popping up on the Gaze Mod forum is 'too many connections to server' rather than 'table is full'. I will say that almost 90% of the registrations at Gaze Mod looked suspicious to me. I have compiled a list and will send the list to Xaltar. Hopefully we can recover the board, remove those accounts, fix the spamming problem, and the database.

Sorry for any inconvenience.

"There's nothing wrong with horses dicks, there's nothing wrong with sucking horses dicks." -Signo

Bloodywolf

• Malkavian
  • Team
  • 7th Gen
Re: Gaze Mod forum
« Reply #1 on: 2006-08-25, 03:20:15 »

Aculy raid, this problem was on the gaze boards before, I could go back on the forums a few hours later.

You could try this: let everyone who registers be aproved by the admin. while it might annoy some people, it saves forums.

I once hosted some forum by some free forum provider, and even there the spam bots were ovius, but it took me a good hour to remove the spam bot names the first time, then I did it once a week, wich was about 10 minutes., cause we had +/- 200 members.
« Last Edit: 2006-08-25, 03:22:25 by Bloodywolf »
William - Bloodywolf - Me
Sloth, Greed, Gluttony, Wrath, Envy, Pride and Lust.
Which one shalt thou pick today?

Nrvnqsr Chaos

« Reply #2 on: 2006-08-26, 13:10:13 »

I've noticed that PhpBB boards of late have been rushed by spambots.  Other PhpBB forums I lurk on or am a member of have been assaulted as well, most of them with email addresses from "mail.ru" and "yandex.ru."  Most of these communities have come to the conclusion that some unscrupulous Russian programmer(s) is(are) custom-building spambots and searchbots to flood and spider PhpBB forums... and blogs, apparently.

Looks like PhpBB boards will need to add a layer of security to lock out bots.

It's pronounced "Nero Chaos," if you're curious
Available for gaming almost any time.  Just give me a time and a place.

Javokis

• Horses Dick
    • E-Mods.net
« Reply #3 on: 2006-08-26, 16:55:25 »

There are mods, but most of them only stop 60-80% of the spam, which is better than nothing, but still annoying.

I like my smf board. I'll stick with this. :D
"There's nothing wrong with horses dicks, there's nothing wrong with sucking horses dicks." -Signo

Page created in 0.067 seconds with 25 queries.