Please Help Support E-Mods.net by Donating

e-mods.net

• 2020-04-05, 18:23:37
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search

News:

Looking for VTMR Modding Tutorials? Check out the Modding Tutorials section of e-mods.net.

Author Topic: Wodal Mod 0.4a Launched  (Read 9524 times)

Javokis

• Horses Dick
    • E-Mods.net
Wodal Mod 0.4a Launched
« on: 2009-03-29, 20:57:17 »

It is out. I'll update the front page soon, but here we go.

FIXES:

-Wodal now supports single player.
-Fixed more iterator issues. Mainly a phantom object appearing in a storage iterate.
-Fixed the define line reads on character sheets. Now properly supports multiple defines per line.
-AI tracking is much easier now.
-Buffer expanded 10 fold.
-No more errors in combat. Combat runs in real-time now.
-No delays in death either.

Disciplines Now In Wodal:

Animalism
Auspex
Celerity
Fortitude
Mortis
Obfuscate
Potence
Presence
Protean
Serpentis
Thaumaturgy - Lure of Flames
Thaumaturgy - Movement of the Mind
Thaumaturgy - Path of Blood

For developers, check out the attached documents. They are also included with Wodal. Both Command and Condition reference docs note the 0.4a changes in commands. There is plenty to re-read over.

For more info and download link, check here:

The Wodal Mod

Enjoy. ;)
« Last Edit: 2010-04-28, 00:17:48 by Javokis »
"There's nothing wrong with horses dicks, there's nothing wrong with sucking horses dicks." -Signo

ORI

Re: Wodal Mod 0.4a Launched
« Reply #1 on: 2009-03-30, 06:26:10 »

About Multiplayer, Expect lag/freeze delay at start due to the game loading an insane amount of variables.. just leave it on ,let it run through for a min until it subsides and the game should run fine.

I remember reading Javokis warning about it somewhere , Just thought I should let people know so they dont think their game crashed.

« Last Edit: 2009-03-30, 10:53:46 by ORI »

Javokis

• Horses Dick
    • E-Mods.net
« Reply #2 on: 2009-03-30, 08:05:36 »

Wodal shouldn't cause that much multiplayer lag unless you are loading a location with a lot of enemies.
"There's nothing wrong with horses dicks, there's nothing wrong with sucking horses dicks." -Signo

FierceToreador

• My Temporary Music Portfolio (Outdated)
« Reply #3 on: 2009-03-30, 14:02:04 »

Wow, major update! 0.3 was pretty impressive, I'm sure this will be even better!

RuThaN

• Cursed writer
    • RuThaNs Lair click on Ragnarokr for my mod info
« Reply #4 on: 2009-03-30, 16:43:44 »

It seems great, give us time for study..
FInish someone entire game with Wodal 0.4?
« Last Edit: 2009-03-30, 16:48:33 by RuThaN »
Brujah antitribu from pagan europian blackearth(now in Prag), but with roots in Scandinavia.
Im gamedesigner and writer, technology is only tool, important are visions and ideas, but its hard, inspire another demons with own visions, so i must lots of technology things make alone, and this is figh

Javokis

• Horses Dick
    • E-Mods.net
« Reply #5 on: 2009-03-31, 14:19:07 »

For you Java buffs out there, you can download the newest Java source code here:

https://e-mods.net/downloads/source/redemption/WodalSRC_v0_4a.zip

RuThaN

• Cursed writer
« Reply #6 on: 2009-03-31, 16:29:29 »

Ok i started study, this low level description seems very good.. But im dont find in documentation nothin about high level.
Suppose its same as in old versions, but everyone dont read all versions docs.
  Dont find: in which folder should be saved character files / something about structure of these files / how define own disciplins / how add scripts to npcs / how execute Wodal conversation / Example some longer game scene in Wodal, with comments (something more than Hello Worlds).
Brujah antitribu from pagan europian blackearth(now in Prag), but with roots in Scandinavia.
Im gamedesigner and writer, technology is only tool, important are visions and ideas, but its hard, inspire another demons with own visions, so i must lots of technology things make alone, and this is figh

Javokis

• Horses Dick
    • E-Mods.net
« Reply #7 on: 2009-03-31, 17:02:38 »

You can find a sample script of a conversation in Commands\AI\NPCs\Mercenary.txt

Conversations still requires nco and nvo files. That IS in the documentation.

When in doubt, use notepad Find feature to search document.

RuThaN

• Cursed writer
« Reply #8 on: 2009-04-01, 11:57:13 »

Ok, you are right.
I read documentation one hour, late night, and all have 100kB of text. If you searching, you must know what you want to searching.. I didnt supposed so you still use *.nco or .nvo. CONVERSATION COMMAND is at the end of Command Reference. The rest of my logical thinking, suppose so high level diagram, should be at start.
  Install game -yes this is way, but next instance of Vampire on my computer can be problem. Normal user maybe also at first looking at improvments and after if improvments are great, install game.
« Last Edit: 2009-04-05, 16:12:48 by RuThaN »

ORI

« Reply #9 on: 2009-04-02, 15:25:32 »

I wonder, where is the Aura Preception Command and how do I add an Aura to work with it to my character?

Javokis

• Horses Dick
    • E-Mods.net
« Reply #10 on: 2009-04-02, 15:30:48 »

Aura perception had been simplified in 0.4a at the last moment. You can use the SetAura command in conjunction with your character sheet then use the <aura.targeting-type> concatenator as was used in Aura Perception.

Mv.c9

« Reply #11 on: 2009-09-12, 09:34:20 »

i have to admit its a good mod. is there any reason why u use same discipline icons for all ?
New Disciplines Mod - Bloodlines
http://www.moddb.com/mods/bloodlines-antitribu

Javokis

• Horses Dick
    • E-Mods.net
« Reply #12 on: 2009-09-14, 03:46:00 »

Because they are generic controllers in Wodal and can be assigned any kind of discipline. The icons assigned to them aren't meant to indicate anything beyond the fact that it's a vampire discipline. And no there is no practical solution I am willing to use to change this system. It's gonna have to stay this way. The icons are numbered so that should be good enough to distinguish between them.

Javokis

• Horses Dick
    • E-Mods.net
« Reply #13 on: 2010-04-19, 18:31:26 »

Bump*

Updated the modifications page for Wodal here:

https://e-mods.net/modules/mods/about_wodal.php

Page created in 0.031 seconds with 25 queries.