Please Help Support E-Mods.net by Donating

e-mods.net

• 2022-09-26, 18:16:23
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search

News:

Looking for VTMR Modding Tutorials? Check out the Modding Tutorials section of e-mods.net.

Author Topic: EMOD Question  (Read 10337 times)

Devair

EMOD Question
« on: 2008-05-03, 04:31:14 »

This is probably a dumb question, but please humor me. 

I really liked AOR because it included the original Single Player game (sans bugs) playable in multiplayer.  The only thing it seems to lack is the ability to lock the exits.

I downloaded and checked out E-mod 1.8 also.  Honestly, it confused the heck out of me until I dug into the documentation because I didn't recognize most of it - then I understood it was designed off the PnP GURPS.  Okay, got that.  I really like some of the things you can do with it, too, like targeting area, jump, carry a body, and of course lock an exit.  Don't walk a vampire into a church... nice touch, that.  Lots of amazingly cool, useful, and closer to PnP features in there.

My probably dumb question is this - if I use it, will the other player also have to use E-mod so we can play together, or will she be able to use the standard VTR or AoR Mod?  I thought normally you had to both be using the exact same thing - patch, mods, etc. as standard to any video game.  The documentation for E-mod said something about not having to let the players know you were using the new clan powers, though, so I had to at least ask.

E-mod would confuse her too badly, since we're both almost straight up WOD PnP players and all the new stuff is new.  New.  Scary.  Bad. Gruntscratch.

Javokis

• Horses Dick
    • E-Mods.net
Re: EMOD Question
« Reply #1 on: 2008-05-03, 10:26:01 »

Can the player enter an E-Mod game without E-Mod?

Yes.

The main issue is what they will be able to see & do within that game without the mod. They will not be able to use any of the E-Mod powers or abilities (targeting, jumping, ect) without that mod nor would they be able to see any of the custom effects. Actually, they wont even have their Bloodhealing or any of their disciplines function within the E-Mod server because of how different it is. E-Mod was mainly an experiment to see how much of the game can actually be changed - it answered a lot of questions for people who thought some of the things were impossible. E-Mod is mainly a shock & awe mod.

I have been considering adding many of the console commands over from E-Mod to a generic stand-alone mod or add them into the AoR mod, but have never got around to it yet. I may start up modding this summer while job searching.

The big problem is that I lost all of the source code to the AoR mod. I don't know how this happened, but the mod will need to be completely rebuilt from scratch. I don't mind doing that. I shed no tears over this, but the loss of the source code will delay any new developments for the AoR mod down the road.
"There's nothing wrong with horses dicks, there's nothing wrong with sucking horses dicks." -Signo

Devair

« Reply #2 on: 2008-05-03, 16:58:45 »

I thought as much, but considering that mod does almost everything but the dishes, I had to ask.

I don't know if it shocked and amazed programmers but it certainly put me in a new orbit of awe.   ;D  I never went into V:TR expecting it to have a lot of the rules or for it to work the same way as a PnP game.   I've already had to explain to my friend that Diablari isn't an issue on the bad guys (unless the ST says so or gets evil and makes a humanity drop on them) and there are no Blood Bonds if your coterie snacks on each other.   One is a book and paper, one is a video game.  They're totally different mediums and some things just don't work in crossing over.  Emod really incorporated a LOT.

Sorry to hear you lost your code, but of course if you get back to doing AoR over again that would be warmly embraced (pun fully intended) and awesome. 

For now I'll just tell my friend not to go in any doors until she's told she can on pain of pixelated death.  :P 

Javokis

• Horses Dick
    • E-Mods.net
« Reply #3 on: 2008-05-07, 23:20:49 »

I thought as much, but considering that mod does almost everything but the dishes, I had to ask.

Hehe. I made a chronicle where you can do that too. Club Abla - currently available in the MoTA pack.
"There's nothing wrong with horses dicks, there's nothing wrong with sucking horses dicks." -Signo

EtaYorius

• Jewish Gothic Chef
  • Team
  • EtaYorius Mystic
    • CLICK HERE TO VISIT MYSPACE SITE.
« Reply #4 on: 2008-05-10, 11:49:34 »

Emod is surely the greatest Mod for Redemption, theres tons of stuff in emod that makes it unique... i would have expected another release of Emod.. i still use it sometimes.
Victims... arent we all?

Devair

« Reply #5 on: 2008-05-29, 02:29:59 »

Oh awesome!  I saw that as a clip somewhere that a comment gave you credit for the mod.  That's actually what made me Google your name.  Everywhere I went, all the interesting stuff seemed connected to Rainmoon.  That landed me here, and you have no idea how glad I am you're still around to answer newb questions.

Hehe. I made a chronicle where you can do that too. Club Abla - currently available in the MoTA pack.

Javokis

• Horses Dick
    • E-Mods.net
« Reply #6 on: 2008-07-19, 19:48:15 »

Emod is surely the greatest Mod for Redemption, theres tons of stuff in emod that makes it unique... i would have expected another release of Emod.. i still use it sometimes.

Well now we can start seeing video tutorials and showcasings of the mod. That's right, check this out:

[link removed... video still on site till moved to youtube channel]

The above link shows off one of the cool features of Emod 1.8. More is to come. ;)
« Last Edit: 2010-01-20, 18:50:00 by Javokis »

gschenker

« Reply #7 on: 2010-04-24, 02:35:10 »

Dear Javo!

In E-mod 1.8, I didn't find any tombs of Divine and Healing disciplines. How can I teach to my Human character these disciplines? I don't want to using "addalldisciplines" command, because I don't need all of the disciplines. I just want to teach to my character these two disciplines.

Javokis

• Horses Dick
    • E-Mods.net
« Reply #8 on: 2010-04-25, 02:27:49 »

There's also a "adddiscipline" command as well.

adddiscipline <discipline>
Adds the specific discipline to the possessed character. Only individual levels can be added using this. Emod Examples are "DivineLife" and "Recovery". Those two will get an individual started with Divine and Healing.

The default dot level is 2 I think.

gschenker

« Reply #9 on: 2010-04-25, 04:03:02 »

Thanks, Javo! The E-mod 1.8 is great! I'm waiting for the version 1.9!  :)

gschenker

« Reply #10 on: 2010-04-25, 12:51:43 »

It appears, the Dark hunters (those shadow monsters of the Lasombra kindreds) cannot be aimed in E-mod 1.8. Although they are all visibles, but player can not able to attack and harm them, not even with their most feared flame weapons. However, Dark hunters are able to harm and attack others, especially the player...

Is it a bug or I failed something, Javo? ::)

Javokis

• Horses Dick
    • E-Mods.net
« Reply #11 on: 2010-04-25, 17:55:25 »

Not a bug. Those entities are spiritual and can only be attacked using weapons like the Spirit Lamp (available at magic shops).

Page created in 0.03 seconds with 20 queries.