Please Help Support E-Mods.net by Donating

e-mods.net

• 2020-07-06, 23:43:20
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search

News:

Looking for VTMR Modding Tutorials? Check out the Modding Tutorials section of e-mods.net.

Author Topic: Interactive cutscenes  (Read 2897 times)

Azraelthe7th

• Demon Vilicus
    • Shadownessence: The World of Darkness Unfolded
Interactive cutscenes
« on: 2008-04-27, 20:21:46 »

I was thinking about one of Javokis' idea for the single player aspect of the mod, in which we never take control from the player and how it affects the game's Storytelling while playing through Assassin's Creed, and I think that the way Ubisoft handled things should influence how we work this.

Basically, in AC, you could still move Altair around during the cut scenes, but your range of movements was restricted to certain zones, and only occasionally would you lose control over him.  This works well for Redemption's story as it would allow people to better role play Christof in moments where tensions are flaring or when he's desperately trying to get near Anezka.  I'd say that he Embrace scene could even be completely played in a first person perspective with a few visual cues that would trigger an outside camera on certain moments.
Come see the World of Darkness unfold.
Dark Ages Christof Romulad: 55%

Javokis

• Horses Dick
    • E-Mods.net
Re: Interactive cutscenes
« Reply #1 on: 2008-04-27, 21:33:13 »

That was just what I was thinking.  ;)
"There's nothing wrong with horses dicks, there's nothing wrong with sucking horses dicks." -Signo

Azraelthe7th

• Demon Vilicus
    • Shadownessence: The World of Darkness Unfolded
Re: Interactive cutscenes
« Reply #2 on: 2008-04-29, 07:11:01 »

Good.  'Cause I remember some of the discussions and "how do we make people not dick around while Christof & the gang are being threatened or something" and we didn't go into enough detail as to how we'd do that.

And now we know.
Come see the World of Darkness unfold.
Dark Ages Christof Romulad: 55%

Page created in 0.062 seconds with 26 queries.