Please Help Support E-Mods.net by Donating

e-mods.net

• 2020-07-06, 23:51:24
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search

News:

Looking for VTMR Modding Tutorials? Check out the Modding Tutorials section of e-mods.net.

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Historical accuracy  (Read 11446 times)

Lukur

Re: Historical accuracy
« Reply #15 on: 2010-02-02, 07:35:48 »

-Teutonic Order (in Hungary, then in Prussia if we go XIII century)

In the game, there were no Teutonic Knights in Hungary, and it is okay, since Vienna was not the part of Hungary.

In the game we don't know if there was any teutonic knights in Hungary, as there are no in-game hints about that, to be precise ;)

Nor Prague.

So, to sum it up, we still don't have the idea to what order christof romuald belong.

Also, we talk about history on nearly dead mod (source redemption, normal redemption is fine atm) section. I don't think that there will be any source vampire: the masquarade game. Daedalus project that aim to recreated bloodlines seems to be dead, this one too ... sad.

gschenker

« Reply #16 on: 2010-02-02, 10:50:37 »

In the game we don't know if there was any teutonic knights in Hungary, as there are no in-game hints about that, to be precise ;)

In fact, Ordo Teutonicus has been exiled in 1224 from Hungary by king B?la IV. Teutonics gained too much power upon Hungarian lands, and they were not too loyals as Vassals to their Hungarian king. Teutonics had only one true lord: the German Emperors at every time...

Also, we talk about history on nearly dead mod (source redemption, normal redemption is fine atm) section. I don't think that there will be any source vampire: the masquarade game. Daedalus project that aim to recreated bloodlines seems to be dead, this one too ... sad.

Fortunately, NOT! There are some really good guys such as Javokis, Darklobo and many others who gives life into this very old game.

Lukur

« Reply #17 on: 2010-02-02, 11:39:28 »

In fact, Ordo Teutonicus has been exiled in 1224 from Hungary by king B?la IV. Teutonics gained too much power upon Hungarian lands, and they were not too loyals as Vassals to their Hungarian king. Teutonics had only one true lord: the German Emperors at every time...

Fortunately, NOT! There are some really good guys such as Javokis, Darklobo and many others who gives life into this very old game.
Seriously, i don't remember in which years redemption take place.  TO does not warm it's place in hungary as they were exiled, i know it. But if the game taken place before 1211, they were in holy land not in hungary.

You probably dont understand what i wrote. "Redemption: source" mod is dead, not "Vampire the Masquarade: Redemption"

BurgundySapphire

• scath rinceoir
  • An ghrian! Donna se dom go luaith!
« Reply #18 on: 2011-11-10, 02:05:20 »

I know this is an OLD topic but I can't help but reply.

Now I may be wrong, and if I am and missed something then cool but...

I always viewed the Dark Ages part of VTMR to span 50 years from the time of Christof's Embrace to when he gets smashed in Vysehrad. 1141 being his Embrace and its 1191 when he goes into Torpor.
Which brings us CLOSER to the "800 supposed years" timeframe he was asleep.
Either that or it was 58 years the Dark Ages section takes place.  ???
Yes it does not seem like that in the game.

Reason why though is because at the end of the game while in the "Wall of Memory" and Anezka is talking about what she has been doing the whole time she mentions that "its been 50 years since Vukodlak took me."
And THEN AFTER that in the next entry she mentions on how "My beloved Christof has perished in the fall of Vysehrad..."

So yes, historically its completely screwed up, but if there is that 50/58 year gap that may explain how it goes from 1141-1999 and it be 800 years of Torpor.

Maybe, maybe not but thats how I always viewed it based on the conversation  :P

wesclash

« Reply #19 on: 2011-11-14, 12:26:12 »

I always viewed the Dark Ages part of VTMR to span 50 years from the time of Christof's Embrace to when he gets smashed in Vysehrad. 1141 being his Embrace and its 1191 when he goes into Torpor.

Yes it does not seem like that in the game.

Reason why though is because at the end of the game while in the "Wall of Memory" and Anezka is talking about what she has been doing the whole time she mentions that "its been 50 years since Vukodlak took me."
And THEN AFTER that in the next entry she mentions on how "My beloved Christof has perished in the fall of Vysehrad..."

That's a pretty cool thought.  It would certainly bring another level to Christof.  I always thought it was kind of silly for him to have been a vampire for a few weeks in DA and then wake up in MD and consider himself an elder.
Pages: 1 [2]

Page created in 0.089 seconds with 26 queries.