Please Help Support E-Mods.net by Donating

e-mods.net

• 2020-09-23, 06:30:22
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search

News:

Looking for VTMR Modding Tutorials? Check out the Modding Tutorials section of e-mods.net.

Author Topic: NWN2 Vampire Mod  (Read 6206 times)

Barnabas

NWN2 Vampire Mod
« on: 2008-04-09, 15:30:27 »

Hi together, at the moment I try to learn as much as possible about the Neverwinter Night 2 Toolset, because I think, that it should be possible to create a Vampire Mod for this ( DA and MD ). I think a Vampire Mod for that Toolset would become much more comfortable for creating new and much more detailed Vampire worlds than with embrace. And I think a Mod like that would make much more people playing Vampire online again. It would be a lot of work, so I ask if there is any interest in a mod like that.
Sorry for my bad english ...

Azraelthe7th

• Demon Vilicus
    • Shadownessence: The World of Darkness Unfolded
Re: NWN2 Vampire Mod
« Reply #1 on: 2008-04-10, 07:56:41 »

Hi.  Not wanting to be the guy to tread on your dreams, but there's already a similar-ish mod in the works using Valve's Steam engine.
Come see the World of Darkness unfold.
Dark Ages Christof Romulad: 55%

Javokis

• Horses Dick
    • E-Mods.net
« Reply #2 on: 2008-04-10, 11:15:22 »

Nothing wrong with cross platform development though most of us here on this board are currently working on other projects so our assistance would be minimal. I don't have NWN2 nor NWN1, but I have been eyeing them for some time now. I might get NWN2, but I still have several games I just purchased that I haven't even beat yet. NWN2 might actually be a good idea for a game to mod for beginners or those who want fast results, but a lot of us see it as too limited for use by more advanced programmers, which is what this community tends to consist mostly from.

I don't doudt that NWN2 would make great atmosphere and the fact that it uses a storyteller multiplayer system makes it very tempting, but the NWN world is purely (A)D&D by design. I am skeptical whether a WoD system can be implimented without hitting into major walls.
"There's nothing wrong with horses dicks, there's nothing wrong with sucking horses dicks." -Signo

Barnabas

« Reply #3 on: 2008-04-10, 16:20:09 »

Hi.  Not wanting to be the guy to tread on your dreams, but there's already a similar-ish mod in the works using Valve's Steam engine.

Sounds nice - could you tell me more details about that project, please?
Sorry for my bad english ...

Azraelthe7th

• Demon Vilicus
    • Shadownessence: The World of Darkness Unfolded
« Reply #4 on: 2008-04-10, 18:37:53 »

The basic plan is to re-make VtM: Redemption using the Source engine, while updating and "upgrading" elements from the game;  things like character & environment designs as well as how Disciplines work.  We're hoping to eventually have a working Storyteller-like GUI to work with, likely using LUA scripting (? la Gary's Mod) to allow for anyone in the community to help in the making of certain features.

That's pretty much the gist of it.
Come see the World of Darkness unfold.
Dark Ages Christof Romulad: 55%

Page created in 0.049 seconds with 26 queries.