Please Help Support E-Mods.net by Donating

e-mods.net

• 2020-10-26, 03:16:35
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search

News:

Looking for VTMR Modding Tutorials? Check out the Modding Tutorials section of e-mods.net.

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11

Author Topic: A study of the mind  (Read 61326 times)

Azrael of the Rose

• Bored Toreador
Re: A study of the mind
« Reply #135 on: 2006-12-04, 15:54:37 »

((bloodywolf gets much more powerful, and i might have to bring him the true death...))
Bringing class and sophistication to interweb forums since 2002.

~Azrael~

Azrael of the Rose

• Bored Toreador
« Reply #136 on: 2006-12-04, 19:38:09 »

((couldnt resist dragging you back into the story scip old boy))

Character Azrael Leaving PV Vamp Club Scene

Azrael emerges from the other side of the mirror into a chamber...and is immediatly struck with the fact that he is FREAKIN COLD.

"Well, I asked for Scipoten, this is where he must be..."

Azrael acrivates summons at Scipoten and waits....

~Azrael~

Bloodywolf

• Malkavian
  • Team
  • 7th Gen
« Reply #137 on: 2006-12-05, 01:35:28 »

(( "Can't touch this" :-p Nobody brings me my final death, this is my first good character, I aint gonne trow him away :-p ))
William - Bloodywolf - Me
Sloth, Greed, Gluttony, Wrath, Envy, Pride and Lust.
Which one shalt thou pick today?

Slayden

• choices made
« Reply #138 on: 2006-12-05, 04:59:24 »

((Much better story Bloodywolf. Good detail. ;)))

(( "Can't touch this" :-p Nobody brings me my final death, this is my first good character, I aint gonne trow him away :-p ))

((LOL You'll still have to be careful Bloodywolf. You may be 7th gen now, but Azrael has the advantage of being an Elder with all that XP. 6-dot Disciplines are now open to you, but you need approximately one metric ton of XP to raise any Discipline to that level. This does include Dementation.))

"Well, I asked for Scipoten, this is where he must be..."

((Shit... I'm sorry for not explaining how the ring works when I gave it to you. You can only travel to nearby mirrors within a few blocks of your starting point if you have not visited them, or to any mirror in the world that you have previously visited. Apparently, I brought you here once before, heh heh... welcome...))

((Oh for those that might wonder, I'm experimenting with referring to myself in the first and third persons to see which sounds better.))

Even before Azrael used the Summons, I immediately knew a stranger had entered, but I didn't know who it was. The Cauldron's Rede of The Hearth Path I cast long ago gave this Chantry limited sentience and would inform me of danger ((like an unexpected visitor, an escaping Kindred from his cell, a fire breaking out in the alchemical chambers, etc.)). This is my most fortified haven/Chantry in the world after all. I quickly turned to Bloodywolf.

"Someone's here."

I immediately activated Celerity and left Wolf behind, dashing to the Defense room to see if my Chantry was being attacked. Then I felt the Summons.

"Friend? Or foe calling me out?" I thought.

In the Defense Room, Azrael stepped forward and looked around. He had only been here once before, but it was as cold as ever, even for the dead that normally don't mind it. As he stepped forward, two shadows moved and darted about on the walls of the room. One could instinctively tell that this was NOT the best place to be, but the room was sealed off from the rest of the Chantry. Azrael hesitantly took another step forward and noticed that one shadow moved directly in front of him and knew what it was. The ground welled up and Azrael took a couple steps back. The rock formation took shape into a horrific, stony, winged creature that stood over 12 feet tall (a little less than 4 meters) and towered over Azrael. A gravely voice spoke to him.

"Alejandre... we were not informed that you were ever welcomed back. I can only assume that your feud with our master has escalated and that you are now his enemy. You intrude on master's property. I count to 10 - you leave or I feed the earth with your entrails. One 10."

Azrael could only stammer at the hulking, dreadful Gargoyle. A Gargoyle's skin is made of stone that is nigh-impervious to gunfire and most other standard weapons. Plus they have both Fortitude and Potence. The other shadow now disappeared too. Where did it go?

Azrael of the Rose

• Bored Toreador
« Reply #139 on: 2006-12-05, 11:51:53 »

Azrael stands stock still as he stares up at the garoyle. "oh yeah..." he thought "i remember this now...shit". Knowing it was useless to try to reason with a gargoyle, and that bullets to almost nothing, Azrael added a note of urgency to his summons, and, hoping scipoten was at least watching, spoke.

"Umm...truce?"

The gargoyle began to count back from ten.

"Scipoten, if your even listening, I need your help, things are a bit sticky in LA and...well...I know how much you hate setites, so...i figured I'd...*grudging*...ask for your help...."

Azrael finds it incredibly difficult to speak eloquently in the face of serious danger, and, mumbling curses to himself in portuguese, he prepares to activate celerity and jump back through the mirror at a moments notice. the gargoyles countdown was nearly done.

"Gargoyle: 3....2....."

~Azrael~

Slayden

• choices made
« Reply #140 on: 2006-12-05, 21:21:29 »

((Actually, the Gargoyle just said "One, ten", skipping 2-9. I quoted that part from the books, hehe. They aren't very patient, fiercely loyal, and don't let enemies get away. The warning is more of a formality to horrify their target.))

((Tremere can send a telepathic message to any of their clan in the city calling for help. It's not a Path or a Ritual, it is just something that Fledglings are taught shortly after their Embrace. That is yet another reason we are so dangerous. Mess with one and he can't handle it, he's gonna call the rest of us who can. I know of no other clan that does this. Screw it, let's say you figured out how to recreate the effects by combining Auspex 4 [Telepathy, but you must be near to use it] and Presence 4 [Summon] to send out a telepathic distress call over long distances.))

As Azrael sent out his message to me, fingers slowly extended out of the floor immediately behind him, then they shot forward and grabbed Azrael by the ankles.

"Wha...?!!!"

He struggled to break free, but his efforts were in vain. The hands that held him extended into arms out of the stone floor, then a head behind that, followed by a neck and shoulders connecting them. This continued until the second Gargoyle was half-way out of the floor, at which point he quickly pulled back, sweeping Azrael's feet from under him and held him upside-down as the Gargoyle finished separating from the floor. The Gargoyle now held Azrael by one ankle high in the air so that he came face-to-face with the demonic-looking creature, complete with glowing red eyes. The Gargoyle bared his clenched fangs and just growled. They were less than 6 inches from each others' faces.

In the middle of his growling, the Gargoyle halted and looked away. After a moment, he nodded and dropped Azrael to the ground.

"Oof!"

He landed flat on his back and it knocked the wind out of him.

THUD! THUD! THUD! THUD!

One of the Gargoyles walked away into the wall. The wall formed the outline of his body that could only be described as a shadow and disappeared. The other Gargoyle jumped high and took off in flight. If Azrael was standing, he would have been knocked off his feet by the wind generated from the sheer power of that Gargoyle's wings. The Gargoyle flew high up to a ledge, landed, and crouched there, waiting.

The symbol on the huge double doors on the other side of the room glowed brightly then subsided. The doors opened with a loud rattling sound as they slid open then a bang when they were full parted. I stood there, staring at Azrael, but I had also just sent out my own telepathic message to Lutainius and called him to me. It would take him a little time to come to me from wherever he is in this large Chantry.

"I don't hate Settites, I just don't trust them. I know a lot about them and I do have a complex relationship with them however. What are you doing here? I mean, how did you know I was here?"

Bloodywolf

• Malkavian
  • Team
  • 7th Gen
« Reply #141 on: 2006-12-06, 00:16:36 »

((How did you get to fast to the room I was in Scip? I mean I solo dragged marid in there, how could you be with me in the room when He entered the chantry?))

*Places his weapons in his holsters, even tough they were damaged, they could still be of use*

Wolf: "Gah, lets go get some trouble, I'm getting bored. Grab the katana and lets go."

William: "Calm down, I doubt scipoten would have trouble, remember the stone things... Garboils..."

Wolf: "Gargoyles, and theres a Zulu in the closet."

While walking around trying to find the entrancehall, William got lost... again. Luckly he found Scipotens ghoul heading towards the same direction, and simply followed him.

Slayden

• choices made
« Reply #142 on: 2006-12-06, 00:31:02 »

((Well, considering the prisoners are Bonecrafted to their bindings, and you don't have Viscissitude, I would have to come along.))

Bloodywolf

• Malkavian
  • Team
  • 7th Gen
« Reply #143 on: 2006-12-06, 11:00:57 »

((Ohh right lol sry))

*Is still following Luthianus as he hasn't even developed his news celerity skills yet*

Azrael of the Rose

• Bored Toreador
« Reply #144 on: 2006-12-06, 12:12:00 »

Azrael stands up and dusts himself off, irritably checking his clothes for tears.

"You just LOVE to throw me around, dont you mage? Admit it, it gets you hard!"

Azrael finishes dusting, and walks over to Scipoten.

"I dont care if you hate them or what, we have a problem, and I'm asking you to-"

Bloodywolf and his ghoul turn the corner and are visible behind scipoten. Azraels hand moves to his gun.

"Oh. Him. Lovely.  Regardless, unless you want the Setites to take control of LA en masse, you'll stop doing whatever it is your doing and come with me."

~Azrael~

Slayden

• choices made
« Reply #145 on: 2006-12-06, 13:33:05 »

Azrael stands up and dusts himself off, irritably checking his clothes for tears.

"You just LOVE to throw me around, dont you mage? Admit it, it gets you hard!"

Azrael finishes dusting, and walks over to Scipoten.

"No, my guards were doing exactly what they were supposed to do. I really can't blame them for attacking you considering our--loud--contention the last time you were here."

Bloodywolf and his ghoul turn the corner and are visible behind scipoten. Azraels hand moves to his gun.

"Oh. Him. Lovely.  Regardless, unless you want the Setites to take control of LA en masse, you'll stop doing whatever it is your doing and come with me."

"Settites don't conquer, they infest. They like to cohabit with other Cainites and corrupt them, twisting their views to fall in line with their dark "god" Set, the Settite Antediluvian. At the very least, they will manipulate Kindred and Kine alike like marionettes to further whatever goals they have, and if it corrupts others in the process, all the better. But if they have enough power to challenge the other Sects... no, something isn't right. Very well, I'll come check it out."

*mumbles* "I'll have to pull strings in Chicago from L.A. I guess."

*turns to Lutainius*

"Lutaius, take my weapon to the Alchemical Chantry. I haven't been able work on it yet and it is useless to me until I do. Do NOT release the sword from its hilt."

*hands Lutainius the Wraith's Bane*

"Eeeerrrrrrrrrrraaaaaaaaaaaahhhh!!!"

Lutainius let out a piercing scream the moment he touched the hilt of my sword. His eyes turned solid black, black veins appeared all over his body, and a slight red aura began to emanate from him.

*rat tat tat tat tat tat tat*

*ZIP*

Lutainius released the sword and shot it at me, but I caught it at the cord between two of the razors before it hit my chest.

*SHHHHHH*

*Hiss*

The sword completely burned away the flesh on my left hand, exposing the bones. I then attacked him with my right hand and clawed across his neck, hurdling him back. Lutainius simply got back up, his neck half-severed. The Gargoyle jumped down and landed with a CRASH! behind Lutainius.

"He should be dead... Forgive me Lutainius. You've been a faithful servant." I said.

Lutainius spun around and in the blink of an eye, he slashed at the Gargoyle, ripping open his stomach and causing him to step back with a roar. Lutainius then jumped high and performed an upward slash, cutting off one of the Gargoyle's wings. Lutainius was empowered by the sword, both mentally and physically. He landed a short distance away from us and faced our group. Black tendrils seemed to hold his head in place where I deeply slashed open his neck.

Bloodywolf

• Malkavian
  • Team
  • 7th Gen
« Reply #146 on: 2006-12-06, 14:29:13 »

*Enters the room*

Wolf: "Well well, if it isn't the toreador wich turned mad, enjoyed the glimps of our minds capabilities?"

William watches as the ghoul gets posessed by the blade, attacking the gargoyles.

Wolf: "Aww shit, we still haven't even changed clothes yet..."

William: "Yes the horror that the ghoul didn't give us a temp change before GETTING ABOUT TO KILLED?!"

Wolf: "Meh!"

William grabbed his sword while wolf took over. He placed his hand on the hilt, instantly spreading his blood over the blade, but he didn't lightened it.

Wolf: "Scipoten, Tell me what to do, Unless you wanne get a zulu out."

*Snikkers shortly but stops as his movement freezed, you could see his eyes dull and changed into bright purple, he started to speak with 2 voices mixed in each other, almost like the dark voice of Bloodywolf was echoing in demonic rage behind the bright voice of William*

Wolliam ((WIP)): "Shall we stop this maddness now warlock? Thy ghoul might be affected by your blood, hence the blade finding the man a perfect vessle to use, and acces to your thremere blood. Ofcourse, speculations."

*enflamess his blade, but not at the top, as he was saving the blood for something*

Wolliam: "A dragon breath can be that warm it alone might burn thee without further notice, wourse if your one of the cursed fallen. But once a dragon strengthens his breath strong enough to burn trough man and stone, survivability is Zero."

((Don't misjudge this, I'm hoping that to make it like this that there is a true personality where there are hints that William and Wolf might be the result of a splitting as the mind does not accept a whole other personality. So heres the Real William The bloody from the diary, who is combat orientated, like wolf, but more focussed and comes out only at life threathening moments. Doesn't make me more powerfull, I just know how to utilise my powers better. But I am still neonate lvl))
« Last Edit: 2006-12-06, 14:32:06 by Bloodywolf »

Azrael of the Rose

• Bored Toreador
« Reply #147 on: 2006-12-06, 18:42:48 »

"Ugh. why is it always ghouls?"

Azrael draws his beretta 9mm((i specified that earlier)) and activates celerity. Everything slows to a crawl. taking carefull aim, Azrael fires at the ghoul, three rounds flying towards his head like automatic fire.by the time they reach there target, Azrael moves to a different angle and fires three more rounds at his chest. He then deactivates celerity and watches as the opposing forces of the six bullets hit with such velocity, that the ghoul jerks akwardly and loses his footing, only the sword somehow keeping him from falling to the ground.

"theres your opening mage..."

« Last Edit: 2006-12-07, 11:54:54 by Azrael of the Rose »

~Azrael~

Slayden

• choices made
« Reply #148 on: 2006-12-06, 22:28:34 »

((Berettas come in a variety of calibers, but the largest caliber pistols they manufacture are the .40 caliber and 9mm. Not even a .50 cal Desert Eagle could take off someone's head, well, the sniper rifles can, but no pistol. My cut only went as deep as his throat, I didn't sever the spine. Plus, the black tendrils are holding the front part of his neck down. This will not be easy.))

((Another thing is, your Celerity is way too fast. Even at level 5, you can only travel about 10-50 feet in one second [Athletics+Dexterity=normal running speed, then multiply by Celerity rating]. A .40 cal bullet travels at 1,280 feet per second, and a 9mm travels at 1,132 fps. This isn't The Matrix.))

((Cool post though. ;D))

Azrael of the Rose

• Bored Toreador
« Reply #149 on: 2006-12-07, 11:52:08 »

((Another thing is, your Celerity is way too fast. Even at level 5, you can only travel about 10-50 feet in one second [Athletics+Dexterity=normal running speed, then multiply by Celerity rating]. A .40 cal bullet travels at 1,280 feet per second, and a 9mm travels at 1,132 fps. This isn't The Matrix.))

((i thought u severed the spine and his head was on by skin. sorry. well maybe i WISH it was the matrix. i demand celerity 6!))

((Cool post though. ;D))

((thanks, if nothing else, i know how to write the story. if only i understood these rules better...))
« Last Edit: 2006-12-07, 11:55:22 by Azrael of the Rose »

~Azrael~
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11

Page created in 0.236 seconds with 26 queries.