Please Help Support E-Mods.net by Donating

e-mods.net

• 2020-05-29, 10:32:35
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search

News:

Looking for VTMR Modding Tutorials? Check out the Modding Tutorials section of e-mods.net.

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11

Author Topic: Modern Club RP  (Read 62905 times)

Bloodywolf

• Malkavian
  • Team
  • 7th Gen
Re: Modern Club RP
« Reply #120 on: 2006-08-13, 09:57:39 »

Can't say i heard of that, Apart from Rainmoon, you and Sean, I've only met a couple of other vampires since Malkavians tend to have a weird reputation. Even If I'm pretty normal other then my... ehh combat personality, no voices, no weird stuff, nothing...

Altho, Infernalism remind me of fire... am I close?
William - Bloodywolf - Me
Sloth, Greed, Gluttony, Wrath, Envy, Pride and Lust.
Which one shalt thou pick today?

Javokis

• Horses Dick
    • E-Mods.net
« Reply #121 on: 2006-08-13, 23:21:21 »

When you grow as old as I, you tend to not want to talk about your age.

I have also learned not to underestimate the humans. After seeing them constantly advance in technoligy I tend to wonder if your wizardry will continue to stay ahead of their science. Not to mention that there are forces that exist that are far more powerful than us kindred.

In my lifetime I have seen and learned of the Garou and their various tribes. I have come to know of Mages and their 'Avatars'. I have also seen what the Kindred of Asia are like after residing in the West - one of the reasons I decided to return East. If anything, I know more about them than I know about us.

I wasn't introduced to the stories of Gehenna and the Anties till I moved here to New York back before World War II. I have seen less of vampires than I have of Garou, Mages, and Life force sucking asians. Hence why I find it hard to believe that vampires alone will cause the end of the fucking world.
"There's nothing wrong with horses dicks, there's nothing wrong with sucking horses dicks." -Signo

Slayden

• choices made
« Reply #122 on: 2006-08-14, 02:02:36 »

Scipoten looked at Rainmoon quizzically.

I am older than you Rainmoon. *smiles* Much, much older.

As for the Kine and their science, I am nothing if I am not adaptable. I have been on the computer and surfing the internet for a little over a year now. A late start, I know, but most elders refuse to even learn typing, even Tremere. Another damn side effect of the fucking Cam.

I am familiar with all the creatures you have met and heard about, and so much more. Garou, Mages, and Kuei-jin? How about mummies? Or Hunters? Or the fae? Wraiths? Demons? In all do honesty, my ultimate goal is to gain an Avatar. I want to increase my power as much as I can, but an Avatar would be the best. I would gladly throw away everything I have amassed in exchange for an Avatar. I hope I can one day track down my lost Avatar, the one that abandoned me after my Embrace.

Scipoten looks gloomy for a moment, but then looks back at Rainmoon.

And where did you get the idea that Gehenna is the end of the world? Gehenna is the end of the Kindred, nothing more. Many cities will burn as the Antediluvians battle each other but by no means will that be it. Hell, the last Ante will still need to feed to survive so I think that he will create new progney and new Get and the cycle will begin again. I will be able to escape to the Umbra or Shadowlands when that time comes but that is no guarantee I won't be followed. In fact I think there will be survivors of Gehenna, as few as they may be, because I doubt the Antediluvians would want to waste their time tracking down all their progeny across several planes of existence. Until then I will continue to raise my most prized possesions: knowledge and power. Why do you think my name is Scipoten?

Scipoten turned to Bloodywolf.

Yes, you are close. The word is taken from "inferno" meaning "Hell". It is a practice that is as forbidden as diablerie. As you may have noticed, I tend to ignore morals in my quest for knowedge and power. In short, Infernalism is demonology, but can also extend to pagan gods of lore. Infernalism is almost allways the cliche "sell my soul for power" though, and most don't know how to use it properly. Infernalism is punishable by death in most cultures, and that extends to the Kindred clans. The Baali are an exception. The entire clan has dedicated itself to Infernalism, but the wiser ones tend to avoid Infernal Investments, the selling of one's rights to one's soul in exchange for power, in favor of using True Names. True Names are not always guaranteed to work and the rewards are not as powerful as outright Infernalism, but the security of one's soul is assured. I have delt with both, and nearly lost my soul almost 300 years ago. I have gleaned much knowledge from these demons and several of my discoveries would not have come about had I not relied on their tools. I never go unprepared however, and use Infernalism sparingly. But even the lowliest Infernal Investment produces awsome effects. Depending on your will and well you negotiate, you can get a good deal in exchange for a small piece of your soul. Rarely, the demon might grant the investment for free or you can haggle so well that you gain the investment at no cost. There is another, far mor dangerous method. By pitting your will against the demon's, you might be able to dominate it into giving you what you want. These are called Binding techniques. But Daemoin's have mind-boggling levels of will and can, and usually do, simply crush one's will just before dragging the summoner to Hell. Nevertheless, this is the only method I use, which is why I use it so sparingly. I always use, or rather rely on, Gypsy Draba charms when dealing with demons, and I have gained some strange and bizzare powers and forbidden knowledge basically for "free" because of this. But nothing is free. This constant "cheating" brought the Devil Eaten, humans who have lost their souls completely, enslaved by Demon Lords and are agents for them on earth. That...was-- I have fought elders of earlier generatrion than me and let me tell you that I would rather fight them than a Devil Eaten. I made a few daemoin enemies and can never deal with them again, but there are others. But it would be stupid of me to carelessly maraud through Hell and make more enemies. Instead, I often rely on the Umbrood.

I have been using the Umbrood long before and long after Infernalism and I am far more ready to use it. The Giovanni, and especially the Nagaraja, deal with the Umbrood regularly. Wraiths, Specters, Elementals, Celestines, Incarna, Realm Creatures, Paradox Spirits, Bygones, Drones, Abstracts, and Avatars are all examples of various Umbrood. These are far more easily bound than deamoins with no risk to your own soul. Binding Umbrood is most often unnecessary though. Performing a simple task to gain a willing Umbrood as an ally is far better, and wiser, than coercing one and possibly bringing its wrath later or the wrath of its superior. The "wrath" usually consists of little more than bad luck in the material realm, but can be deadly when traveling to the Umbra or Shadow Lands. To a beginner, dealing with Umbrood may seem monumental in task, but once you have gone a few bouts with a Daemoin, Wraith's demands seem almost inconsequential. The best way to gain Umbrood favor is to get into their politics--very complicated, even for Kindred--and perform a favor for a ruling spirit, that is, if the spirit feels that you are even worth talking to. This may lead to making an enemy while gaining an ally, so political favors must be treated with discretion. The Black Blood power of the Nagaraja has the ability to perform a blood bond to the spirit as though the spirit was a mortal. I know this power as well. I traded secrets with one while I was in a coterie just after the Giovanni began killing off the Cappadocians. There is nothing more powerful than a coterie consisting of a Tremere, Nagaraja, Cappadocian, and a Kiasyd. Ahh the good ol' days.

Hmm... I wonder... I have been curious about the Malkavian mindset. One time a Malkavian lost his soul to Infernalism and the Demon Lord appeared to colect his prize. Instead, he met a group of Malkavians which drove the daemoin mad and he materilized as a human, wandering the earth and gibbering incoherently. Needless to say, the Malkavian kept his Infernal Investments and his soul. Madness seems to span across ALL forms of existence and seems to be a common thread among them all. A willing subject is so much easier to work with than something captured and/or coerced or forced.

Scipoten pointed to the mirror, refering to the Garou arm.

If you would be willing to work with me, I would like to experiment with your Dementation ability and peer into your mind. And your split personality is perfect, better than working with any other derangement, no offence.

Scipoten hesitated inwardly about uncovering a Malkavian mind, after all, it would risk his own sanity. But harnessing the power of insanity would be invaluable. Possibly the most powerful weapon in his arsennal. He calmly continued.

In return, I can offer you the two greatest prizes: knowledge and power. I gave you an overview of a little bit of what I have done, but it gets far more detailed. I can offer you a lower generation, investments, Thaumaturgy, Umbrood allies, Disciplines, Draba charms, weapons--anything you want. Not to mention a deeper insight into your own psyche. What say you?

Javokis

• Horses Dick
    • E-Mods.net
« Reply #123 on: 2006-08-14, 02:12:27 »

((Ok now my eyes rolling. Dude. You're kind of muchkin))
"There's nothing wrong with horses dicks, there's nothing wrong with sucking horses dicks." -Signo

Slayden

• choices made
« Reply #124 on: 2006-08-14, 05:18:13 »

((Too much? Sorry, I usually just bang it out in wordpad or something then cut out what I don't want. I didn't do that this time. But eveything I have put down follows WoD rules and sourcebooks to the letter. And what is "muchkin"?))

Javokis

• Horses Dick
    • E-Mods.net
« Reply #125 on: 2006-08-14, 09:42:47 »

((I misspeeled it. hehe. (It's munchkin)

The term might be a little much, but it generally means 'overpowered'. I get the sense that your character was made for the sole purpose of 'winning'. I find a lot of material in World of Darkness to be unbalancing, hence why I don't use it all.))
« Last Edit: 2006-08-14, 09:46:51 by Rainmoon »

Slayden

• choices made
« Reply #126 on: 2006-08-16, 22:43:26 »

((I know what you mean. In fact, I can't really get into WoD anymore because of it. Something that has bothered me from the start way back when I first played Bloodlines was all the 'convenient' secrets. You hear people talk about UFOs but never vampires. So the whole 'Masquerade' idea seems really far-fetched. To be honest, once I finish helping Xaltar with his mod, I'm washing my hands of Bloodlines, Redemption, and WoD as a whole. And it's not just because of the lack of realism, it's because I havn't had a life in the eight months I've been involved with all of this. Bloodlines, Redemption, AND WoD.))

Javokis

• Horses Dick
    • E-Mods.net
« Reply #127 on: 2006-08-16, 23:01:17 »

((I totally understand where you're at on this. Many times I've just wanted to trail from the whole vampirism idea period. What ever you do, I hope you stick around. I still have Doom3 to mod once I figure out C++. ;). Like I've been telling my emod team for a long while now, I'm mostly a GURPS fan - mainly because it's built on realism. I like wod only for some of it's coding values - I found it hard to get into any of it's 'stories', especially Gehenna. When you look at WoD as a whole, you realize that it has serious issues consisting of unbalanced rule systems.

There will be a time where E-Mods.net hosts something else. I may keep some of the old stuff like MoTA and my mods, but everything else may aim for another game off in the near future. Hence why I didn't aim for a vampire theme for my website.))

Slayden

• choices made
« Reply #128 on: 2006-08-17, 00:40:08 »

((I think I'll stick around but I won't be so 'die-hard' about it like I was. Also, I have Doom 3 but I have yet to play it, so I'll stick around for that too. I have some modeling experience so I could help you here and there, but I will never bind myself to a project again. I spoke too soon when I agreed to help Xaltar because I was excited, but because I made a promise, I will make a substantial contribution and then I'm done.

I just checked out GURPS on the Wikipedia and it looks interesting. I think I would prefer that to WoD, that is, if I ever get into PnP RPGs again.))

Javokis

• Horses Dick
    • E-Mods.net
« Reply #129 on: 2006-08-17, 12:50:32 »

((Yeah. Big projects are things I can't do as much these days now that I am in college and have a girlfriend. Coding is pretty much most of what I am willing to do, but I like mapping even though I don't like the time needed for me to make a  map. I also like modeling, but that too takes up a lot more time. Coding is the only thing I realized I can do quickly. I have so many interests when it comes to building things, but I have come to realize that I can't do it all even though I am capable. I just have to pick one thing and stick with it these days. I can't be the all around guru like I used to be even though I want to be.))

Bloodywolf

• Malkavian
  • Team
  • 7th Gen
« Reply #130 on: 2006-08-17, 13:18:41 »

((Back after 4 days disneyland, boy, I missed something :o you some kind of human typemachien?! :) ))

*Looks at scipoten with a Raised brow*

Thats quite a big bit your offering there warlock...

William starts a small bikkering with his othr personality, as scipoten sees William do short nods and shakes with his head and slight movements from his mouth

Ok, on 2 conditions. Wolf wants to learn some fire or simmilar magic, our minds are not to be take apart, as we've grown to be quite complicating each others flaws in personality, as you know I hate fighting, but my friend here loves to. that you have to promis us before we even agree with anything, ofcourse, the research won't involve Torpors and inal deaths will there?
« Last Edit: 2006-08-17, 15:07:57 by Bloodywolf »

Slayden

• choices made
« Reply #131 on: 2006-08-18, 00:07:11 »

((boy, I missed something :o you some kind of human typemachien?! :) ))

((Something like that. ;D That's why I am such a good writer. :P Most of my posts are HUGE, but I cut them down later to fit into what I want. You saw the "uncut" version of what I often do in RP and many other posts. I think I'll continue this RP, but obviously I have to tone it down. I don't think I'll do any online WoD LARPing other than this.))

Scipoten was a little suprised at Bloodywolf's terms. He was expecting some haggling from Bloodywolf for additional power.

It's a deal.

Scipoten outstretched his hands, his left palm open and facing up and his right hand clenched in a fist. He lightly executed a downward strike into his left palm and a blue aura shot from his hands. The pair became supernaturally bound to the deal.

Your terms are easy. I have no intention of splitting you up and I will teach you a Thaumaturgical or Hedge Magick Path. Lucky for me, Torpor and Final Deaths were mentioned only after you made your terms, so they are not apart of the deal. Rember, I deal with demons, heh, heh. But not to worry, your Final Death will not come as a result of my actions, but several other Kindred and especially Catiff will die. We can leave immediately, or if you wish to take care of something first, do it now and I'll wait here.

Scipoten then walked over and leaned a gainst the wall next to the mirror.

((When you are ready to leave, we can use either PMs or a new thread to conduct the research, but it will be full of action. ;)))

Javokis

• Horses Dick
    • E-Mods.net
« Reply #132 on: 2006-08-18, 00:37:35 »

A Malkavian about to learn Tremere magic. Now you don't hear about that everyday.

Just leans against the bar while cleaning his glasses... by spitting on them. Looks around at Bloody and Scipoten's reaction.

What?

Slayden

• choices made
« Reply #133 on: 2006-08-18, 01:06:06 »

Nothing. That's actually how you keep swimming goggles from fogging up.

((I trained for the Olympics so I know all the little tricks. ^_^ Big sob story why I didn't make it, yada yada, I'm sure you don't want to hear it.))

Normally it would be a problem for Bloodywolf to learn Thaumaturgy because the Tremere are extremely jealous of anyone other than them casting spells, even other clans that did the hard way through their own independent research. But Bloodywolf will be drastically more powerful when we come back, and not just from Thaumaturgy, that is, if he wants to learn Thaumaturgy. I also offered Hedge Magick, well... all Thaumaturgical Paths are is Hedge Magick so it's the same difference...

Bloodywolf

• Malkavian
  • Team
  • 7th Gen
« Reply #134 on: 2006-08-18, 02:26:52 »

((Maybe another thread, looks handier then PM's, especialy if you want to look back osme things that happened before))

*Look at Rainmoons way of glass cleaning with

Pff, I'll take the whole package... altho I don'tm ind the death of a fel caitiffs. had a run in with a few a couple years back, some bad things happened that I wouldn't want to say here.

*Laughs and grabs his coat*

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11

Page created in 0.064 seconds with 24 queries.