Please Help Support E-Mods.net by Donating

e-mods.net

• 2020-08-07, 17:54:25
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search

News:

Looking for VTMR Modding Tutorials? Check out the Modding Tutorials section of e-mods.net.

Author Topic: AoR mod - cannot overwrite save games for some reason  (Read 4012 times)

Question

I cant seem to overwrite save games after installing the AoR mod (2017 v1.1 version) over the GoG installation. I ran the config utility, deleted all old saves, started a new SP game, but everytime i try to overwrite an existing save, the game says "game saved" but the old save data and name is still there.

The autosave is permanently stuck on the first night in the convent as well because of this.

I checked the AoR save folder, it is NOT set to read only, and there are no permissions problems. Im running win 7 64 bit on an administrator account and have UAC turned off. I have no other mods active.

Anyone can help?

Question

Re: AoR mod - cannot overwrite save games for some reason
« Reply #1 on: 2018-01-29, 19:46:27 »

I also noticed somethig really weird with loading saves.

I got killed by the revenants in the convent, so i reloaded to the cathedral. After proceeding through the night time patrol as normal, all the szlactha outside were missing, and the cutscene with the 3 revenants threatening the women showed them as already dead (see screenshot).

For some reason, loading an earlier save seems to assume the enemies are -already- dead...

Question

« Reply #2 on: 2018-01-29, 20:25:23 »

That bug with loading saves seems to have caused a huge glitch...Wilhem in the monastery got frenzied when I ran into the skeleton archer with the incendiary arrows. I reloaded, and now Wilhem is in frenzy mode but with a frenzy rating of 0. He cannot use any disciplines and I cannot change his equipment. He just permanently follows me around with bare hands. Going back up to monastery level 1 causes the game to CTD and the autosave after attempting to do so also causes a CTD.

How do i fix Wilhelm now?

Edit : Just tried this : I got Wilhelm killed on purpose, awakened him with a scroll of awaken, and his inventory was unbugged, but now he is at 0 xp and is missing ALL disciplines....WTF...
« Last Edit: 2018-01-29, 20:30:45 by Question »

Javokis

• Horses Dick
    • E-Mods.net
« Reply #3 on: 2018-01-29, 21:18:06 »

Another reason this occurs is often due to the Indexing Service. On windows 10, it needs to be active for the VTMR folder.

-Go to your Vampire the Masquerade – Redemption install folder
-Right-click the folder and go to Properties
-Click the Advanced.. button
-Under the Archive & Indexing Attributes make sure both options are checked
-If so, click them again to toggle them off then back on then click OK button. If not, be sure they are checked as on.
-Click Apply and OK to exit out of Properties

Hope that helps.
"There's nothing wrong with horses dicks, there's nothing wrong with sucking horses dicks." -Signo

Question

« Reply #4 on: 2018-01-29, 22:15:25 »

Another reason this occurs is often due to the Indexing Service. On windows 10, it needs to be active for the VTMR folder.

-Go to your Vampire the Masquerade – Redemption install folder
-Right-click the folder and go to Properties
-Click the Advanced.. button
-Under the Archive & Indexing Attributes make sure both options are checked
-If so, click them again to toggle them off then back on then click OK button. If not, be sure they are checked as on.
-Click Apply and OK to exit out of Properties

Hope that helps.

But im using win 7 though? Well im going to try it anyway.

Which bug is this related to? The inability to overwrite saves or the weird wilhelm bug?

Edit : Just tried enabling indexing, i still cannot overwrite old saves. I get the game saved message but the old save data is still there.

The wilhelm bug seems cutscene related...im not sure why but he keeps bugging out when i get to monastery 2 AND it affects older saves as well. Not ALL older saves thankfully. It looks like he gets replaced by the cutscene specific Wilhelm model because hes not wearing the studded leather armor anymore.

I'm also encountering the infamous "AI uses disciplines even with all options set to not use them". In the game settings, i have it set to "AI uses quick disciplines only" and I only have "AI uses healing" ticked, but AI controlled party members ignore this and use whatever disciplines, whenever they want.

I even have the config utility set to "AI use disciplines : none" and the game STILL ignores this and uses disciplines anyway.

Not sure if this is a bug but damage calculation seems very odd. With the AOR damage calculations almost everything dies in a few hits and two handed weapons can easily one shot enemies. I tried ticking "vanilla damage calculations" but i didnt see any difference...I had Christof with 110 soak and a skeleton with a fine claymore just ran up to him and killed him in one hit instantly before I could do anything, at full hp. I dont know how the damage/soak formulaes work but this seems very strange.

The fire traps also instantly one shot full hp characters. There's literally nothing i can do about it. They die instantly. The fire traps on Monastery 3 for example, instantly kill Christof and Wilhelm at full hp. Again, this is with vanilla damage calculations ticked.

Edit : Frenzy doesnt appear to decrease properly till another combat starts. So you can be walking around and your frenzy rating is stuck and wont go down, even though you are at full hp/blood.
« Last Edit: 2018-01-29, 22:59:11 by Question »

Javokis

• Horses Dick
    • E-Mods.net
« Reply #5 on: 2018-01-29, 23:04:24 »

Be sure to remove data from the AoR_Saves/__Current__ folder as that usually leaves behind bad data after an indexing service issue. But since you had indexing service turned off, this likely corrupted your save data. You'll likely need to remove all save data and double check to make sure indexing service is on for a new game.

Everything you have listed is related to corrupted save data caused by indexing service. Make sure it is enabled and all bad data removed. Also make sure to do a restart just to be sure indexing service registers properly for VTMR.
« Last Edit: 2018-01-29, 23:06:38 by Javokis »
"There's nothing wrong with horses dicks, there's nothing wrong with sucking horses dicks." -Signo

Question

« Reply #6 on: 2018-01-29, 23:14:06 »

Wait...so you are saying that things like fire traps one shotting characters are also because i didnt have indexing turned on?

So all i need to do now is delete the _current_ folder?

Javokis

• Horses Dick
    • E-Mods.net
« Reply #7 on: 2018-01-29, 23:22:18 »

Actually traps in the monastery are very deadly now as noted by the changelog. They are at predictable locations so once you know where to avoid then best avoid them. You can adjust difficult by increasing your damage resistance in the config app.

Removing __current__ should remove any left over bad data on other issues.

Question

« Reply #8 on: 2018-01-30, 00:03:17 »

Actually traps in the monastery are very deadly now as noted by the changelog. They are at predictable locations so once you know where to avoid then best avoid them. You can adjust difficult by increasing your damage resistance in the config app.

Removing __current__ should remove any left over bad data on other issues.

Can you clarify exactly which issues should be fixed by deleting the _current_ folder?

I just tested it and i think i can overwrite old save slots now, but only if the slots were saved after i deleted the _current_ folder.

Current issues im facing :

-Some weapons do way too much damage (i think this is a balance issue...full hp characters with good armor getting one shotted in the monastery should not happen). Crossbows seem to one shot cappadocians.

-Fire traps in the monastery one shotting full hp characters (yes you can raise the damage resistance rating in the config utility but players should not need to do that to avoid getting one shotted, traps should be perfectly survivable on base settings, otherwise it just turns it into a reload fest)

-The config utility setting discipline use to "none" doesnt work, they still use disciplines (Serena just used Shambling Hordes). The ingame settings dont work either, regardless of whether you have "only use disciplines in quick slots" ticked they will use whatever discipline they want. Same for "auto cast X". They just don't work.

-Choosing the humane option during the prince brandt dialogue choice no longer causes you to gain humanity?

-Well-sated XP bonus only seems to apply to the character delivering the killing blow.

-AI discipline usage doesnt take into account whether the discipline will even work on the target in question. Wilhelm seems to love spamming "awe" on zombus when its set to balanced discipline use in the config utility.

-Entered the nosferatu tunnels and the nosferatu just seem to follow you around while in obfuscate mode. Serena's level 2 heightened senses cant detect them apparently. The nosferatu wont attack which is...very weird...probably because of changes to the obfuscate skill. They just take up space stalking you.

Edit : OK figued out the nosferatu problem. They have level 3 obfuscate so you need Auspex 3 to de-cloak them, but the problem is Serena starts at 6000 xp and only has Auspex 2. She probably should start with 10-12k xp so that you can bump her up to Auspex 3 for the tunnels otherwise its a massive hassle.

I think the nosferatu that dont attack are actually from Serena's skills...since they basically make pets out of corpses. Im not sure which one it is, but they dont appear to expire for a very long time and actually steal loot off the ground to prevent you from looting. And again, i cant stop Serena from spamming disciplines because the discipline controls are broken.
« Last Edit: 2018-01-30, 00:51:05 by Question »

Javokis

• Horses Dick
    • E-Mods.net
« Reply #9 on: 2018-01-30, 11:50:01 »

You probably should use the vanilla preset [also note that discipline use is mostly about blood usage - be sure to turn off the AI Fully Aggressive and AI Uses Resurrections to truly turn off coterie discipline use]. Also note that the game engine has a bug when it comes to the in-game coterie controls. You have toggle them back on every time you reload a game. This is not related to Age of Redemption. This is a problem with the game itself and cannot be fixed by the mod.

[edit]

After looking into the code, there is small logic error on checking bloodpool when it comes to the part about resurrection protocols. Even with this bug, you can still prevent Serena from using Shambling Hordes by turning off AI Uses Resurrections. That part of the code still works correctly. But I will look into making sure blood is checked properly in another update.

That's all I'm helping you with. The rest of that stuff you just going to have to...

git gud
« Last Edit: 2018-01-30, 15:23:38 by Javokis »

Question

« Reply #10 on: 2018-01-30, 17:27:54 »

Can you explain what the options in the config utility do please? Im looking at the READFIRST.txt but they are not detailed in there. What does "AI fully aggressive" do exactly? And if I set "AI discipline use" to "none", they shouldnt use -any- disciplines right?

Can you make the well sated XP bonus apply to the whole coterie, rather than only the party member who gets the killing blow? Micro managing xp levels is hard enough as it is.

Not sure what you mean by "git gud". I think things like characters getting one shotted are simply based off RNG...theres nothing much that a player can do unless he wants to spam disciplines. On the flip side, the game is extremely easy if you just run around one shotting enemies.

I mean really, whats the challenge when you can take out every non-boss with 1-2 crossbow shots or a single swing of a 2H weapon?

AI discipline usage should also take into account whether the discipline will work on the target in the first place. Wilhelm shoud not be spamming awe on zombus for example.
« Last Edit: 2018-01-30, 17:32:25 by Question »

Question

« Reply #11 on: 2018-01-30, 17:45:22 »

Im trying to fight Varclav now and hes nearly impossible to damage with lethal damage. What changes did you make to his stats? Even with celerity 3/potence 3 i do no damage to him at all. He also keeps dissapearing and re-appearing further away. Every few seconds he teleports away and my party members stop attacking. He also frequently teleports into walls and then gets stuck. And whenever he does this, the respawn timer goes from "clear this level of all enemies" to "xxx seconds left". Something is really glitchy with this fight.
« Last Edit: 2018-01-30, 17:54:29 by Question »

Javokis

• Horses Dick
    • E-Mods.net
« Reply #12 on: 2018-01-30, 19:55:51 »

Details about the mod and config app are in the readme.txt. There's a shortcut to it in your start menu usually along side the config app. Vaclav was an interesting case and I actually covered him in my lets play. Which is up on the front page of the website where the mod is downloaded.

Page created in 0.091 seconds with 25 queries.