Please Help Support E-Mods.net by Donating

e-mods.net

• 2020-07-15, 21:50:22
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search

News:

Looking for VTMR Modding Tutorials? Check out the Modding Tutorials section of e-mods.net.

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: 2015 - Please feed, guys T_T  (Read 5656 times)

CoffeeNCamels

2015 - Please feed, guys T_T
« on: 2015-03-11, 18:54:29 »

Okay, I'm pulling my hair out.

Do I leave the option in game for coterie ai on or off? I've played a bit with both and it doesnt seem to make a difference. My guys will run around at 0 blood and NEVER attempt to feed!! Serena even has rank 5 theft of vitae and I've seen her use it maybe once. my AI is constantly out of blood and just refuses to feed. Even if I put it on their quick bar and tell them to only use the ones on the quick bar. THEY JUST WONT DO IT >_<

Javokis

• Horses Dick
    • E-Mods.net
Re: 2015 - Please feed, guys T_T
« Reply #1 on: 2015-03-11, 20:47:01 »

Note: Difficulty will factor into when the AI considers feeding and even healing. The higher the difficulty, the lower the health or blood needs to be before considering hunting or healing. Secondly, making use of coterie controls are key to making sure the AI is in the "right" state of mind to consider feeding. So use Aggressive stance whenever possible and let the AI do what it must. Also, placing your coterie on "wait" with shift+r will actually put them into "hunting" mode if their blood isn't full.

There's even situations where the coterie will assist each other with hunting. Example: Wilhem will use Awe in some situations to subdue a target, allowing Serena to feed on that target automatically.

Most of this was explained in the readme and about page. Check the readme for details on coterie controls as this was actually explained in both the about page of the mod download and the readme. In short, not all coterie AI control functions will work.

An added note not mentioned in the readme: The Ai will not attempt to feed if they are being swarmed. They have to engaged one on one because feeding makes them vulnerable.
« Last Edit: 2015-03-11, 20:52:46 by Javokis »
"There's nothing wrong with horses dicks, there's nothing wrong with sucking horses dicks." -Signo

CoffeeNCamels

« Reply #2 on: 2015-03-11, 21:40:35 »

thanks, I do keep them in aggressive mode most of the time, only defensive when I want them to catch up to me.

I had no idea hunt mode worked in hostile situations, thought it was only on pedestrians, as it said they will seek out nearby pedestrians to feed on.

However now my big problem is im in the society of leopold and all the guys are invisible.

edit* okay I see now they are using some invisiblity discipline, seemed buggy since they're invisible in the cut scenes.

That said, I have looked for this readme, I dont see it in the folder, just a change log and a READ THIS FIRST, which has nothing about feeding, AI, etc. I dont see a sticky on the forums, where is it?

Trying to figure out WHY i cant feed on stuff myself. Just a big red X when I try. Even when it's 2v1, like me and serena v 1 person. It's getting rather frustrating as I've literally reached a point I can no longer progress because I can't feed. I drank a plasma bag which diseased me for some reason (it wasn't even unID'd just said plasma bag) now I just keep dying from this disease because I use all my blood blood healing and I can't replenish it.

Last save was in olden times, i figured surely if I can be diseased here there will be cures! But here I am on the last floor and none so far. I literally just died in the cutscene with father leopold from the disease.
« Last Edit: 2015-03-11, 23:02:29 by CoffeeNCamels »

Javokis

• Horses Dick
    • E-Mods.net
« Reply #3 on: 2015-03-12, 01:37:09 »

Certain opponents cannot be fed on. You can only feed on the Leo Workers [Light Blue Uniforms], but not the Guards [Brown Uniforms]. Bosses also [usually] cannot be fed on. This is normal to Vanilla as well so I didn't figure that needed to be mentioned in a readme.
"There's nothing wrong with horses dicks, there's nothing wrong with sucking horses dicks." -Signo

CoffeeNCamels

« Reply #4 on: 2015-03-12, 21:51:14 »

okay, guess theres a lot of stuff i just cant figure out. No idea why I cant feed on the brown guys, they have no protective armor over their heads or neck, so its a bit confusing.

I also cant figure out how having hundreds of rifle rounds with a rifle equipped gets me a "no primary ammo" -_-

Javokis

• Horses Dick
    • E-Mods.net
« Reply #5 on: 2015-03-12, 23:57:26 »

That's a rifle you bought from the shop, huh? Oopsy poopsy. Well that's a bug I'll be addressing real soon while I'm in the middle of doing other bug fixes too.

Javokis

• Horses Dick
    • E-Mods.net
« Reply #6 on: 2015-03-13, 00:52:55 »

Quickly did as much polish as I can and threw in a new feature too. AoR 2015 version 1.1 is out and here's what's new:

Features

-Overhauled the way frenzy works - check readme [under FEATURES] for details.

Fixes

-Fixed animation issues with certain NPCs during conversations. The issue was related to forcing the weapon stance in the middle of a scene.
-Fixed an issue with AI triggers that weren't supposed to trigger. This caused issues like invisible enemies during conversations.
-Fixed an issue with ranged weapons bought from shops not being able to be loaded with ammo.
-Fixed the ammo overhaul system to support any shop selling ammo overhauled weapons and ammo.
-Improved AI's ability to open doors during pursue protocols.

Here's an excerpt from the readme's explanation of the new frenzy system:

The Beast is a much more deadly and pervasive part of vampiric existence. Frenzy no longer
fiddles around based on damage and discipline use. The frenzy stat rises based on overall stress
during combat, discipline curses, and hunger around mortals. Frenzy no longer reduces completely over time.
Resisting the beast requires a successful wits check during frenzy check situations. Failure will result
in an increase to frenzy equal to "frenzy rating" that is based on clan, difficulty, perks, and
equipped items. Wits can be modified based on current blood, generation, and humanity. So keeping
a high wits, full bloodpool, and high humanity can all help increase one's resistance to The Beast.
If your frenzy stat goes up to 100 then you will frenzy. Recovering from frenzy can take much longer
than vanilla because the frenzy stat will not start reducing till after the stress of combat is over.
When combat is over, you will still have to "calm down" based on wits and charisma. The higher the wits
and charisma, the faster you will recover from frenzy. Failure to "calm down" will result in seeking
trouble around the area against the controller's will. The vampire will be more reckless while no longer
accessing important discipline strategies in combat while frenzied. Enabling the "Show Combat Status"
feature in the config app will present more information about the status of The Beast.

Updated the download page.

https://e-mods.net/modules/mods/about_aor.php

Theoretically, you should be able to update from AoR 2015 v1.0 to 1.1 and resume from an existing save. The system should fix that rifle the moment you load the game.
« Last Edit: 2015-03-13, 00:56:24 by Javokis »

CoffeeNCamels

« Reply #7 on: 2015-03-14, 09:42:18 »

awesome! Thanks, I had no idea it was because it was shop bought. Those changes look awesome! No more talking to random air too!

edit* yowsa, now i frenzy like mad and wipe my party every single fight. guess I need to put more than 50 in wits >_<

edit again * Store bought shotgun still says no ammo with an inventory full of ammo. I even tried taking it off him and putting it back on, but still says no ammo. An Pink is randomly just going from 0 frenzy, to 100% frenzy while standing around doing nothing at full blood >_<

edit* pink now went on one of his random frenzy sprees for no reason and got stuck under the ground XD
« Last Edit: 2015-03-14, 10:10:56 by CoffeeNCamels »

Javokis

• Horses Dick
    • E-Mods.net
« Reply #8 on: 2015-03-14, 10:10:09 »

The fix consist of a recursive timer that continues to run through the inventory to "repair" ammo overhaul weapons bought in shops. It worked when I was testing multiplayer. Not sure why it wouldn't work in SP mode. I'll have to look into the issue with frenzy later.

CoffeeNCamels

« Reply #9 on: 2015-03-14, 10:16:21 »

No idea, may just be something weird with pink. He's all sorts of fucked up now. He keeps randomly frenzying, and now he suddenly cant use anything even tho he meets the stat requirements. There are no detriments or anything on him, I'm just kinda confused.

It even shows him as not being able to use the weapon he's using, I cant even put the shotgun back on him....I dont see anything that you messed with him in the changes, so I have absolutely no clue what's going on.

Javokis

• Horses Dick
    • E-Mods.net
« Reply #10 on: 2015-03-14, 16:31:08 »

So does the shotgun work when you hand it off to someone else? Have you tried setting to defense mode then hitting the r key to regroup everyone? This typically resets AI packages. Then wait and see if pink calms down. I also think the biggest issue here is the Frenzy Rating + Difficulty. I think I did a booboo again. I was actually taking code from one of my other mods that was on the back burner, but forgot that the other mod also overhauled the frenzy rating stat for all npcs, players, ect. I have an idea for a quick fix to this issue without having to do a tedious overhaul to frenzy ratings. I'll need to do some extensive testing of my own to the SP mode here soon. I hope SP doesn't have a compatibility issue with the fixes I was attempting.
« Last Edit: 2015-03-14, 16:53:16 by Javokis »

Javokis

• Horses Dick
    • E-Mods.net
« Reply #11 on: 2015-03-14, 22:31:13 »

FYI:

If weapons are highlighting in red even when you have the prerequisite to use it then this often means that Feral Claws or similar weapon altering disciplines are active. These disciplines cause weapons to be inaccessible while active. Also, does Pink have Earth Meld? This could explain why he went into the ground. Even if he is stationary, he has to do a frenzy check if a hostile is after him.

CoffeeNCamels

« Reply #12 on: 2015-03-14, 23:18:56 »

It's very possible claws were on, even tho I've never seen him or willheim for that matter use it without me telling them to. He also does have Earth Meld, I just forget about them because I've as to this point never seen the AI use them.

Javokis

• Horses Dick
    • E-Mods.net
« Reply #13 on: 2015-03-15, 00:16:00 »

I've also noticed a minor visual issue in SP when it comes to the "Ammo: #" float text that represents the "real" ammo loaded into an ammo overhauled weapon. This float text is out of alignment in single player, but I have just fixed it so it will look natural on my end. So do note that you may see two references to "Ammo" in the weapon description and one of them is a little out of position. The float text messages only show for a few seconds then will show the typical "Ammo: 1" amount. I'll launch the patch fix after I've done some more testing in SP. But don't rely too much on the ammo stat of the ranged weapons. The overhaul mostly overrides that values original purpose and to know the true amount of ammo a weapon is loaded with is to actually equip the weapon.

Javokis

• Horses Dick
    • E-Mods.net
« Reply #14 on: 2015-03-15, 21:43:25 »

Version 1.2 of Age of Redemption has been launched and should polish things up quite a bit. Here's what it has:

Features

-Christof now starts with 1000 gold on the start of a new game. This should make preparations on higher difficulties more strategic.
-Longbows and crossbows have been enhanced to balance DPS with the shortbows. Try not to get hit without good stamina and... good hunting.
-Aura Perception now has an added visual effect based on the canceled release of E-Mod 1.9.
-Aura Perception also undermines the target's soak against attacks by the aura scanner. The AI now uses this effect to its advantage...

Fixes

-Ranged weapons have been fixed to fire more consistently at desired targets. Now you can shoot the barrels again! W00t!
-Altered the difficulty system to better support the new frenzy system.
-New frenzy system has been toned down a bit, but is still BETA.
-Fixed an alignment issue with the "Ammo: #" float text in single player so it would show properly in the SP item description area.
-Fixed the Movement of the Mind's Disarm ability to work better against enemy NPCs using the loadout system.
-Also fixed a crash issue related to using Movement of the Mind's Disarm ability on a target in mid attack animation.

NOTE: The ammo stat indicator only shows the "real" ammo on weapons for only a few seconds then will typically only show 1 ammo.
Save Stability is supported on AoR versions from 1.0 and up of AoR 2015. Just "update and continue." [Unless you want the 1000 gold] :P

Get it here:

https://e-mods.net/modules/mods/about_aor.php
Pages: [1] 2

Page created in 0.018 seconds with 26 queries.