Please Help Support E-Mods.net by Donating

e-mods.net

• 2020-07-12, 21:57:48
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search

News:

Looking for VTMR Modding Tutorials? Check out the Modding Tutorials section of e-mods.net.

Author Topic: Age of Redemption 2015 Planner  (Read 5561 times)

Javokis

• Horses Dick
    • E-Mods.net
Age of Redemption 2015 Planner
« on: 2014-08-13, 13:07:14 »

New Topic created for Age of Redemption 2015. Age of Redemption 2014 has technically already launched in the form of v2.x+ patch and its name will be fixed to reflect the change. Much of the 2014 feature list has transferred here and most of the fixes are gone.

Here's a list of things I need to prioritize for Age of Redemption 2015.

Fixes

System

-Alter camera angles to be more 16:9 friendly
-Cutscenes should never distract from battle or cause the player's tactics to be negatively effected.
-Traps on all levels should be more deadly.

Features

Configuration

-Lot of things are up in the air here. I will update this portion as I polish up the new system.

System

-Re-balance how treasure works in each level. (Massive overhaul)
-Add procedural spawn system to all combat levels. (Massive overhaul)
-Implement new AI Idle Task System and Task Roles. (Massive Overhaul)

-Add crafting system & modifiable havens.
-Add procedural civilians for towns & alter guard layouts.
-Make blood quality an important aspect of a vampire's diet. (Done as of v1.3 and up)
-Alter all shop inventory to reflect progress over randomness.
-Change guard AI to react to weapons where weapons are banned.
-Implement morality system with at least a few new paths.
-Likely gonna implement skills.
-Modify all ranged weapons to use ammo differently. (Done as of AoR 2015 version 1.0 and polished up in 1.2)
-Implement a masquerade system.
-Implement Derangement system and expand upon the Malkavian's mechanics for it. (Alter Dementation to utilize Derangements).

I removed level specific items from this planner as there is no certainty as to what will be added as a new level design or side quest.

Plans For GigaPack Integration

Integrate Giga content into AoR through detection scripts - allows the user to enable giga content if it is installed (separately). This will modify shops to include giga pack items as well as adding them to the treasure class system so they may be found on the field. 

GIGA features

-Extended crafting could be part of the GIGA pack and could include a series of additional packs that alter the shop inventory.

If there's options you would like to see in the config app then let me know.
« Last Edit: 2017-07-17, 12:00:50 by Javokis »
"There's nothing wrong with horses dicks, there's nothing wrong with sucking horses dicks." -Signo

Shapeshifter878

Re: Age of Redemption 2015 Planner
« Reply #1 on: 2014-09-05, 01:05:47 »

I don't know if this is something for the AoR mod, but I thought it would be cool to be able to feed off junkies so I did some testing on that. Ran a map in singleplayer mode with a script attached to my custom PC:

Code: [Select]
public class JunkieFeed extends Codex
{
public void actorfeed(int actorGUID, int targetGUID, int status, int captureID)
{
CodexActor vampire = new CodexActor(actorGUID);
CodexActor target = new CodexActor(targetGUID);

int effectHeroin = vampire.FindActorEffect("ef_drug_heroin");
String templateName = target.GetTemplateName();

if(templateName.equalsIgnoreCase("JunkieHeroin"))
{
if(status == 0)
{
if(effectHeroin != 0)
{
CodexConsole.Print(actorGUID, 0, "You already have a heroin effect!", 0xFFFFFF);
}
else
{
vampire.AddActorEffectByLevel("ef_drug_heroin", 120000, 2, actorGUID, 0);
}
}
}
}
}

Maybe there's a better way to do it, but you get the idea. The effects themselves could last some 20-30 minutes covering the drugs found in the Vampire rulebook.

Alcohol: -Dexterity -Intelligence (perhaps Strength boost?)   
Cocaine: +One level of Celerity, Increased frenzy rating
Heroin: -Dexterity, Decreased frenzy rating
Marijuana: -Perception, Decreased frenzy rating
LSD: +One level of Auspex discipline(s)

Of course their effects could be adjusted to have more impact on gameplay. The junkies themselves could be spawned randomly whenever you enter the London or New York hubs.

Javokis

• Horses Dick
    • E-Mods.net
« Reply #2 on: 2014-09-05, 09:23:19 »

Yeah... that basically is the idea, but I would probably throw in a config file for reading what template has what effect. So I could make a script read something like this:

AoR2015\Config\bloodtypes.txt containing lists:

junkieheroin   ef_drug_heroin
junkiecocaine  ef_drug_cocaine
junkieweed  ef_drug_weed
junkiealcohol  ef_drug_alcohol

Then set the int and String to match a detected array. I could even have multiple random effects from a target and even include a chance # for each effect.
"There's nothing wrong with horses dicks, there's nothing wrong with sucking horses dicks." -Signo

Antius

« Reply #3 on: 2014-10-31, 05:55:55 »

I see that you plan on implementing diablerie. If I might come with a suggestion:

In previous mods implementing diablerie, it was introduced as a new discipline in the common group. In my own modification however, I had a script called EffectSystemMain running on all vampires, which when feeding would apply an effect with an icon to the feeder. This effect, could be dismissed (right clicked), which would apply a secondary effect. If the target was killed from the feeding, the EffectSystemMain script would check for this secondary effect. If the secondary effect was present on the feeder, the script would know it was a diablerie attempt, and would trigger the appropriate coding.

This felt neater. And avoided adding more disciplines of a type that's really supposed to be actions. (With the exception of "Walk the Abyss", and maybe "Awaken")

I hope I didn't make that too convoluted.  :)

p.s.
This is my first post, but I have been hanging around for years. It's really awesome how you continue to keep this game alive. Thanks for the amazing work you've done.

Javokis

• Horses Dick
    • E-Mods.net
« Reply #4 on: 2014-10-31, 15:31:47 »

I'm with you on keeping it clean. The rule book states that you have to not only drain all the blood, but also the lifeforce of the vampire too. If the blood rules are implemented then feeding off of vampires would be a very risky business. Kindred vitae can cause blood bonding if drunk casually or even cause an addiction [like what the Assimite have] that prevent vampires from feeding from non-vampire blood.

I'm likely to carry over the Wodal mod system of feeding that also includes Diablerie rules. In essence a custom feed script that has its own tick rate and wont end the feeding automatically if blood is drained to 0. When blood is completely drained then "lifeforce" will start to be absorbed, causing aggravated damage to the victim vampire. Upon killing the vampire this way, you have caused Diablerie.

Javokis

• Horses Dick
    • E-Mods.net
« Reply #5 on: 2015-04-02, 02:15:16 »

Yeah... that basically is the idea, but I would probably throw in a config file for reading what template has what effect. So I could make a script read something like this:

AoR2015\Config\bloodtypes.txt containing lists:

junkieheroin   ef_drug_heroin
junkiecocaine  ef_drug_cocaine
junkieweed  ef_drug_weed
junkiealcohol  ef_drug_alcohol

Then set the int and String to match a detected array. I could even have multiple random effects from a target and even include a chance # for each effect.

Okay. I've actually begin committing to this so blood quality is the next feature to be worked on and it's gonna make being a vampire very interesting. I've also updated the OP to reflect some additional planner ideas and to mark what has been done from the list.

Page created in 0.077 seconds with 26 queries.