Please Help Support E-Mods.net by Donating

e-mods.net

• 2020-07-12, 23:08:51
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search

News:

Looking for VTMR Modding Tutorials? Check out the Modding Tutorials section of e-mods.net.

Author Topic: Old Computer Died - New Computer On The Way!  (Read 5371 times)

Javokis

• Horses Dick
    • E-Mods.net
Old Computer Died - New Computer On The Way!
« on: 2012-12-28, 03:08:52 »

As topic states.... fucking thing... here I was giving signo a hard time over all the bsod he's been getting the other day with his computer and here I'm like, "Yeah man! My computer is more stable than yours. lololool!"... then my mobo takes a shit. WTF... karma.
"There's nothing wrong with horses dicks, there's nothing wrong with sucking horses dicks." -Signo

EtaYorius

• Jewish Gothic Chef
  • Team
  • EtaYorius Mystic
    • CLICK HERE TO VISIT MYSPACE SITE.
Re: Old Computer Died - New Computer On The Way!
« Reply #1 on: 2013-04-23, 08:53:08 »

I also plan to upgrade, currently have an AMD PhenomII x4 OCed to 4Ghz, back in Nov i had the 810 OCed to 3.1Ghz but thanks to donations i was able to get the 965BE C3.

Still have my old ASRock 790GX AM3 Motherboard, i will need to upgrade to AM3+ in order to get my planned Vishera 2.0 Octa Core when they get released 2 Half of 2013, i will probably get the FX 8?20 or what ever they call it.

I also plan to get a HD7850 2GB, that is if AMD does not release the HD8000 at the time... i would instead go HD8850 and should be about the same price.
Victims... arent we all?

Javokis

• Horses Dick
    • E-Mods.net
« Reply #2 on: 2013-04-25, 15:03:51 »

Pictures of my new rig attached below. ;)
"There's nothing wrong with horses dicks, there's nothing wrong with sucking horses dicks." -Signo

GreenDragon

« Reply #3 on: 2013-05-01, 10:11:58 »

Was a long time since I had a desktop computer..what are the specs?

Javokis

• Horses Dick
    • E-Mods.net
« Reply #4 on: 2013-05-02, 08:36:02 »

Specs are in this video's description. ;)

[youtube=640,400]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0kqeJO9wWtE[/youtube]

Javokis

• Horses Dick
    • E-Mods.net
« Reply #5 on: 2013-06-09, 12:54:18 »

I've been putting my modding on hold till I can work out the kinks in my new rig. I'd hate to start work on aor 2013 only to have a system failure in the middle of development. Here's an image of something I recorded with fraps that concerns me deeply.

[youtube=640,400]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SNkChj0-U8E[/youtube]

Luke1987

« Reply #6 on: 2013-06-10, 09:53:31 »

^ Maybe try another drivers (13.5 or 13.4).

It is at stock CPU/GPU/RAM/NB/HT speeds (no OC)?

Javokis

• Horses Dick
    • E-Mods.net
« Reply #7 on: 2013-06-10, 10:32:46 »

I've tried several configurations including turning off turbo and xmp. Drivers didn't change anything either.

I also just flashed the BIOS to 20.03. The problem seemed to go away for a moment, but after a restart, it has returned.
« Last Edit: 2013-06-10, 10:34:19 by Javokis »

Luke1987

« Reply #8 on: 2013-06-11, 11:31:46 »

Hmn... I don't know, is this problem also in other games? Maybe it's faulty GPU/s... Or PSU issue.

Sometimes even RAM can be that kind of problem. Or it's just AMD/ATI issue...

Javokis

• Horses Dick
    • E-Mods.net
« Reply #9 on: 2013-06-11, 12:20:26 »

Memtest shows that memory is okay. Actually this doesn't occur everywhere. I've been talking to signo about this since we're both in the same family of GPUs, but he doesn't have the games I do nor plays all the types of games I do. Since this isn't a commonly reported issue, I tend to wonder if there is a subtle defect involved with certain DX11 platforms. AMD has yet to respond to my ticket in this regard.

Mass Effect 2 has a similar issue, but only in certain areas. The dialog would flicker and the screen would show occasional flashes of yellow; happens on Illium a lot. If I use single GPU, I get no problems, but this kind of takes away the point of having this configuration if I can't use it. Kind of a waste of money here.

But there are games that work perfectly with my configuration so I'm left wondering.

wesclash

« Reply #10 on: 2013-07-08, 10:25:32 »

Funny you mention seeing this in a Bioware game. I recently experienced a similar glitch while playing Star Wars: The Old Republic. Lowering the graphics setting didn't correct the issue. I logged out, ran a file repair in the client screen and haven't had the issue since.

Javokis

• Horses Dick
    • E-Mods.net
« Reply #11 on: 2013-08-18, 10:25:17 »

I decided to ditch AMD for nVidia. I've been using a GTX760 4GB for awhile now and have been quite satisfied. I ordered another GTX760 4GB and will try out sli sometime mid next week. I tend to wonder if ASUS did something to the Sabertooth z77 that makes it favor nVidia over AMD right now. Not a lot of data available on the Internet to confirm this.

Mort

• Team
« Reply #12 on: 2013-08-18, 13:38:13 »

Welcome to the Dark Side.  Cookies and punch are on the table.
"Ordog, when I said "Give me some gold," I meant to do some cool moves; not drop a bag of gold.."

Page created in 0.085 seconds with 26 queries.