Please Help Support E-Mods.net by Donating

e-mods.net

• 2020-08-11, 12:19:50
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search

News:

Looking for VTMR Modding Tutorials? Check out the Modding Tutorials section of e-mods.net.

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Age of Redemption v2012 LAUNCHED  (Read 13002 times)

Javokis

• Horses Dick
    • E-Mods.net
Age of Redemption v2012 LAUNCHED
« on: 2012-12-14, 12:51:03 »

AoR 2012 is now available for download. Check it out here:

https://e-mods.net/modules/mods/about_aor.php

I haven't been able to make a new video for this yet nor spend a whole lot of time on the web page, but it's up. Enjoy!
« Last Edit: 2017-07-17, 12:00:33 by Javokis »
"There's nothing wrong with horses dicks, there's nothing wrong with sucking horses dicks." -Signo

Mort

• Team
Re: Age of Redemption v2012 LAUNCHED
« Reply #1 on: 2012-12-14, 14:19:34 »

YUS!
"Ordog, when I said "Give me some gold," I meant to do some cool moves; not drop a bag of gold.."

Luke1987

« Reply #2 on: 2012-12-14, 14:39:22 »

Finally!!  :D

P.S. I can't make squad to follow me in the MP, how to do that?

Javokis

• Horses Dick
    • E-Mods.net
« Reply #3 on: 2012-12-15, 02:51:19 »

You have to play as Christof (as the game "host" - not the "client") to have the coterie follow in MP and make sure that Auto Party Add is enabled in the config.
"There's nothing wrong with horses dicks, there's nothing wrong with sucking horses dicks." -Signo

Luke1987

« Reply #4 on: 2012-12-15, 06:47:56 »

Ok, thanks Javokis  :)

BTW: I'm impressed - this mod is the best mod for VTMR!

Thanks!

Phantom of the Vamp

« Reply #5 on: 2012-12-17, 22:09:48 »

I've really enjoyed playing around with this mod.  The obtenebration is kicking butt.  :)

Only problems I've run into so far is my saves don't seem to save if a previous save was in that slot (multiplayer).  And if I load back from a saved game party members don't follow me around or help (they just stay at the beginning of a scene). 

I first tried this with the core files of "The Crimsom Keep" RP group and thought maybe they were buggy.  So I uninstalled AOR, and Redemption, then installed just Redemption (gog version; no extras) and AOR (no extras).  I seem to be running into the same problem with no extras added.

The config is set right, I've also tried killing and reviving party members with no luck.  I'm running Windows XP, I've also got .NET 2 (SP2), .NET 3 (SP2) .NET 3.5 (SP1), .NET 3.5 framework, and .NET 4 (Client profile & Extended) installed.

Javokis

• Horses Dick
    • E-Mods.net
« Reply #6 on: 2012-12-17, 23:37:09 »

Multiplayer save/restore is not supported. The engine wasn't meant for that kind of multiplayer use. Save/restore was mainly meant to allow storytellers to save their prop/enemies/npc configurations, not a scripted game. Hence why there's the scene advance pane.

Phantom of the Vamp

« Reply #7 on: 2012-12-18, 19:11:38 »

Oh ok, the save/restore worked on the previous AOR release so I just assumed it was still active.  I'll go back and try playing it again.

Mort

• Team
« Reply #8 on: 2012-12-21, 19:10:28 »

A flaw was found within the AI pursue feature, which in returns causes non-host players to suddenly lose control over their character to the AI. Along with this, it also causes the AI in both SP and MP to refrain from stopping their pursuing of an enemy.

A patch that fixes this should be added to the mod this weekend.
"Ordog, when I said "Give me some gold," I meant to do some cool moves; not drop a bag of gold.."

Javokis

• Horses Dick
    • E-Mods.net
« Reply #9 on: 2012-12-22, 15:42:50 »

[Build 12.22.2012]

Is available for download in the AoR 2012 page. The patch contains the AI pursue script fix and a minor jump issue in single player when playing as a "cheat" character.

Phantom of the Vamp

« Reply #10 on: 2012-12-22, 18:12:01 »

Thanks guys!  I'll uninstall AOR and try this new patched version.  Happy end of the world.  :)

Phantom of the Vamp

« Reply #11 on: 2012-12-22, 22:43:04 »

I deinstalled and installed the patched AOR version.  I tried single player (not sure how you guys play a cheat character in single player mode either) but the problem I'm still running into in single player mode is I can't save over existing save files.

I know it says on emods that AOR needs .NET 3.5 but which in particular are you using?  The .NET 3.5 Service Pack 1, or .NET Framework 3.5 SP1 Client Profile, or both?  Because if nobody is sure why this is happening I might try uninstalling everything else and making sure only that version of .NET your using is installed and see if that helps.  If you guys have some ideas I wouldn't mind giving them a shot too.

Javokis

• Horses Dick
    • E-Mods.net
« Reply #12 on: 2012-12-23, 04:31:26 »

Being unable to save over games is not related to the mod. Often it's related to the indexing service issue and certain hard drives. Also multi-user systems can cause this issue by denying the executable from overwrite permissions. THIS IS NOT RELATED TO .NET FRAMEWORK.

On the other hand, are you able to save games in the vanilla game? If so, try running AoR with vanilla exe in the config app's debug option and see if that solves the problem... just don't attempt to load the vanilla save games ( = crash). Also make sure that the firewall and permissions of your multi-user OS are not denying the executable.

Javokis

• Horses Dick
    • E-Mods.net
« Reply #13 on: 2013-01-30, 22:35:12 »

Finally! A video...

[youtube=605,409]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T0MgiJCaYDc[/youtube]
« Last Edit: 2013-01-30, 22:37:48 by Javokis »

Phantom of the Vamp

« Reply #14 on: 2013-02-07, 14:48:20 »

I'm able to save, quit the game, come back and load/play my saved game if I launch the Vanilla exe option.  It turns out that the hard drive you have the game on has to have "Allow Indexing Service to index this disk for fast file searching" turned on, in order for save file to work.

I still can't spawn a party member and have them follow me around though.  I'm not sure why that doesn't work.  Unless to spawn a party member I have to launch the AoR version (I'm not sure what the differences of playing either are..)? 

Pages: [1] 2

Page created in 0.055 seconds with 27 queries.