Please Help Support E-Mods.net by Donating

e-mods.net

• 2020-08-11, 11:41:40
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search

News:

Looking for VTMR Modding Tutorials? Check out the Modding Tutorials section of e-mods.net.

Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Age of Redemption 2012 (Coming Soon)  (Read 17846 times)

Javokis

• Horses Dick
    • E-Mods.net
Age of Redemption 2012 (Coming Soon)
« on: 2012-04-27, 14:38:35 »

The "End of the World" edition summary of features and fixes are as follows:

-New option added in config to causes the respawn timer to wait till level is cleared of enemies before starting.
-New config option to allow MP players to change into vampires during the embrace cutscene
-Additional optimization done to AI protocols to reduce multiplayer lag.
-Alterations done to lawmen ai so they don't attack players merely defending themselves from other enemies.
-Walk cycle actors now respawn and will resume cycle when respawned.
-Respawn timer will pause during conversations. Timer resumes when conversation ends.
-Rebalanced several discipline blood cost progressions to encourage spending on more dots for cost reduction benifits.
-Discipline benifits have also been adjusted...
   Too many minor changes to list, but some disciplines were costly and provided little effect like Tongue of the Asp.
   Other disciplines didn't seem to make sense spending more than one dot on, like Spirit Touch, and were quite
   expensive for such a small effect. Many disciplines and their effects had some stat changes all to provide better
   encouragement for progression and use.
-Fixed crash involving the Cloak the Gathering discipline
-Redid all AI files so that all enemies are given proper hierarchy of disciplines.
-Added new config option to set starting discipline level for enemies (aidisclevel option) - check config file for more info...
   This brings back the old AoR 2006 difficulty system, but in the form of a specific variable option for disciplines.
-Pets were restoring Health and Blood upon level transition. Fixed now so current Health and Blood levels are carried over.
-Almost every enemy can throw GIBs. Makes AoR a bit more bloody. Just a bit...
-Dilution now affects stats above 40 rather than 50... haha
-Incenerator now auto fires.
-Option to have Serena with you in London. Should make escaping SoL reasonable for those who were not prepared for dilution.
-Additional config file option to turn off duration limits on pet disciplines. Check config file for more info...
-Added progressive damage per dot level on Flash discipline.
-Increased blood and health percentages per dot level on Awakening and Shambling Hordes disciplines.
-Unholy Chainmail had low faith as a requirement... replaced faith with humanity to fit with the rest of the unholy set.
   Didn't make sense to have a non-human wearable item to require a human only stat
-Fixed an issue in single player where the teutonic knights wont drop the party member's magical items they were carrying
-Fixed issue with walk cycle scripts not going "full cycle". Actors were skipping patrol nodes.
-Fixed respawn issues in single player where timers weren't resuming when players leave a level.
-Added an option in config to auto add to party any specific story driven player that's spawned in mp. (Erik, Wilhem, Serena, ect)
   (Great for living things up in your MP game like spawning Lily into dark age chronicles or Serena into modern day)
   (Now they add to your "party" and aid you in combat when ever and where ever. Enjoy...)
-Added an option to set AI's limit of pet discipline usage. Check config file for more info...
-Molotov cocktails and greek fire are now much more dangerous - uses WODAL's lure of flames effect when explodes
-Oops... forgot to set the haven portal location when transitioning to modern day after vysehrad scene. FIXED
-Extended range of Cloak the Gathering
-The Saving crosses and ahkurns located in havens now revive fallen party members instead of saving.
   (These haven props were only useful in game version 1.0 before save anywhere was added in 1.1 VTMR patch)
   (They have been rather useless for version 1.1 users since so now they have a purpose.)
-After completing the Stephansdom in Vienna, players should be able to return to it and replay to heart's content.
   (Also... players should be able to use Haven Portal discipline there from then on)
   (Same goes for use of Haven Portal in Teutonic Base and Society of Leopold upon their completion)

And some potential features still planned for development.

-Enemies could re-spawn in different locations every time they are killed.
-Enemies with walk cycles MIGHT not be affected. Unsure how this will work if they are affected.
-Bosses and cutscene enemies should remain at the same location... or should they?
-Trap door enemies (like in Teutonic Base) might not be affected... if they are procedural, any ideas on how this could work?
-The procedural spawning could be affected by the position of the players (so that spawning could occur around corners: out of sight).
-Procedural spawning could change the type of enemies spawned based on player's skill level, gradually increasing difficulty as you go.
-Some changes to the levels may be needed to make this procedural system work right (design changes, spawn changes, and script changes).
« Last Edit: 2012-04-27, 14:40:44 by Javokis »
"There's nothing wrong with horses dicks, there's nothing wrong with sucking horses dicks." -Signo

Luke1987

Re: Age of Redemption 2012 (Coming Soon)
« Reply #1 on: 2012-05-17, 19:16:17 »

OMG! I can't wait!  ;D

Phantom of the Vamp

« Reply #2 on: 2012-05-24, 21:31:15 »

Sounds like I'm gonna be playing the game over several more times with this MOD when it comes out.  :)

Javokis

• Horses Dick
    • E-Mods.net
« Reply #3 on: 2012-05-26, 11:59:16 »

An AoR 2012 video showing difficulty in the monastery. Testing is going slow...

[youtube=605,409]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dvakQYOaqEo&feature=youtu.be[/youtube]

Some additional things done to AoR 2012

-Prayer discipline is now resistible (Caster's Faith vs. Target's Humanity) This will have an effect on the difficulty in the Society of Leopold based on the player's humanity upon arrival. High humanity will make the level easier.
-Added resistible descriptions on resistible disciplines like Awe, Dread Gaze, and so on. Now player's will have a clear reference of what is affecting those disciplines.
« Last Edit: 2012-05-26, 15:57:19 by Javokis »
"There's nothing wrong with horses dicks, there's nothing wrong with sucking horses dicks." -Signo

Mort

• Team
« Reply #4 on: 2012-05-26, 16:09:24 »

I'm liking the difficulty.  Makes the players think on their toes on how to spend their blood.  Also causes the player to put that feed discipline to more use instead of chugging bottles of vitae.
"Ordog, when I said "Give me some gold," I meant to do some cool moves; not drop a bag of gold.."

Javokis

• Horses Dick
    • E-Mods.net
« Reply #5 on: 2012-05-26, 16:39:56 »

Kind of hard to feed on the Cappadocians when a wraith is attacking you. I tend to find myself having to leave often to feed in towns. Early on, vitae is a bit easier of a choice to keep blood up till you find quick ways to dispatch Cappadocian's wraiths so you feed off of them without distractions.

Mort

• Team
« Reply #6 on: 2012-05-26, 17:18:25 »

I am curious of Mercurio's difficulty.  I remember in 1.0, he was insanely hard due to his plague wind level.  So much that they tweaked it down in patch 1.1.  He was by far the hardest boss in the game at that time.
"Ordog, when I said "Give me some gold," I meant to do some cool moves; not drop a bag of gold.."

Javokis

• Horses Dick
    • E-Mods.net
« Reply #7 on: 2012-05-26, 17:56:40 »

Note that I'm using discipline ai difficulty level 2 (default). This means that all AI will be given 3 disciplines in their hierarchy (tapered down). Bosses don't taper so here's an example:

If an AI was given Mortis, the disciplines in Mortis are (in hierarchic order):

0 Shambling Hordes
1 Vigor Mortis
2 Summon Soul
3 Plague Wind
4 Black Death

The difficulty system starts the count at 0... not 1. So difficulty 2 gives all Mortis users up to Summon Soul (for non-Bosses). Bosses in AoR 2012 are given ALL disciplines in the hierarchy at the level of the difficulty (no tapering). So difficulty set to 2 will give 3 dots in all disciplines for all Bosses given Mortis. (Discipline levels count from 0, which is discipline dot level 1 in-game). In addition to affecting the AI's starting disciplines, difficulty also acts as an increasing factor for the AI's starting blood pool and mana pool. The increase is 50 blood points per difficulty level ABOVE 1. So difficulty 2 amps up the blood pool of all enemies by 100 points! But here's the perk: difficulty is a multiplier for experience gain. You'll gain experience faster with higher levels of difficulty, but will have to work harder for your kills. This should give you an idea of what you're going to deal with in AoR... Mercurio is counted as a BOSS.

Mercurio also has Fortitude and Animalism. ;P

« Last Edit: 2012-05-26, 18:01:08 by Javokis »

Mort

• Team
« Reply #8 on: 2012-05-26, 21:18:51 »

Is the system effected by the amount of players at all?  I'm sure the more players in the game, the easier it is.

Javokis

• Horses Dick
    • E-Mods.net
« Reply #9 on: 2012-05-26, 22:25:12 »

No... But the AI does check to see if it's being "swarmed" by enemies and will use area disciplines (if any are known) more frequently when surrounded. This should be something that's noticeable in the existing AoR 2011.

I just beat Mercurio... I'm a little bitter about such an easy target. Seriously... by the time I got to Mercurio, I was over powering him within mere seconds. I've decided to implement some addition difficulty factors. Now difficulty will act against the amount of damage you can do to bosses. This isn't done through soak or hit points, but a divider in damage equal to difficulty level. Now it seems like Mercurio has a lot more endurance and can start thinking about his more serious disciplines before being cut down. So far, he's been cutting me down on my rematches so I'm encouraged to go grind some more before fighting him again...

[edit]

Well after several tests I discovered that I was having a double cast error. I have come to find out that when making a mod you do not re-direct the Discipline.class derivative. Changing its extended script will cause it's "sanity" checks to no longer work right; must be something in the engine that is dependent on Discipline.class extending Codex.class and no other class. Well it appears to be fixed. You don't want double casts. If you look at the above video, there are occasions where Cappadocians are summoning two souls at once... this is an error.
« Last Edit: 2012-05-27, 11:18:51 by Javokis »

Javokis

• Horses Dick
    • E-Mods.net
« Reply #10 on: 2012-05-27, 18:16:13 »

I made a video of how disease can spread through feeding. I was supposed to have this working in prior versions of AoR, but never tested it and of course found that it never worked as advertised when I did test it. Here's the video:

[youtube=609,405]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-zhiimGTv60&feature=youtu.be[/youtube]

Mort

• Team
« Reply #11 on: 2012-05-27, 18:41:28 »

Looks like the testing is a very slow process and requires a lot of patience.  And this is just the single player!  Any help you need with testing, feel free to ask.

Javokis

• Horses Dick
    • E-Mods.net
« Reply #12 on: 2012-05-27, 18:44:53 »

Every time I test something, I feel it needs more tweaking... f'ing annoying. Like the lawmen in this video... their AI could use a bit more tweaking. I modified them so they wouldn't attack players trying to defend themselves, but I forgot to factor in whether they are torturing pedestrians and other lawmen.

Terrific...

[edit]

Last video for awhile... I need to get back to homework and stuff.

[youtube=609,405]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=05p8MYWPcE4&feature=youtu.be[/youtube]
« Last Edit: 2012-05-27, 21:16:28 by Javokis »

Mort

• Team
« Reply #13 on: 2012-05-27, 22:25:31 »

Mercurio also has Fortitude and Animalism. ;P

I understand Fortitude...but Animalism?

Javokis

• Horses Dick
    • E-Mods.net
« Reply #14 on: 2012-05-27, 22:30:29 »

Nihilistic gave Animalism initially so he can use Beckoning for a zombu... haha. Now he just uses it like a mad Gangrel so I figured, fuck it, just give him protean too. Now he's fuck salt. Since when have we ever fought a boss that has logical use of Protean? Actually... I don't think any boss you fight in the game has Protean. Nihilistic really screwed up on a lot of disciplines. Oh well.
« Last Edit: 2012-05-27, 22:34:01 by Javokis »
Pages: [1] 2 3

Page created in 0.025 seconds with 27 queries.