Please Help Support E-Mods.net by Donating

e-mods.net

• 2020-07-12, 21:37:26
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search

News:

Looking for VTMR Modding Tutorials? Check out the Modding Tutorials section of e-mods.net.

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Age of Redemption 2012 (Coming Soon)  (Read 17370 times)

Luke1987

Re: Age of Redemption 2012 (Coming Soon)
« Reply #30 on: 2012-07-25, 13:48:56 »

So... it's almost August and no news/updates about AOR 2012, beta testing is started?
I want that mod so bad ;-)

Mort

• Team
« Reply #31 on: 2012-07-26, 13:19:44 »

There is a lot of news about the progress of the mod on the front page of the website. 

https://e-mods.net
"Ordog, when I said "Give me some gold," I meant to do some cool moves; not drop a bag of gold.."

Javokis

• Horses Dick
    • E-Mods.net
« Reply #32 on: 2012-08-02, 19:43:29 »

Since that front page news post, I've been taking a long break from the madness of modding this monstrosity. I've just now started up on it again and will be going through all the conversations that have the DELAY index in its nco file. So far I just finished fixing up the ANZK_8_4 visitation scene where christof visits anezka in her room after the monastery mission. I'm going down the SP script list in alphabetical order so I'll hopefully have it all ready for testing again in a week or two. I'll possibly have another beta testing session this weekend to test some of the early stage fixes.
"There's nothing wrong with horses dicks, there's nothing wrong with sucking horses dicks." -Signo

Mort

• Team
« Reply #33 on: 2012-08-02, 22:40:42 »

Cool. messege me on steam if you need me.
"Ordog, when I said "Give me some gold," I meant to do some cool moves; not drop a bag of gold.."

Javokis

• Horses Dick
    • E-Mods.net
« Reply #34 on: 2012-09-01, 09:59:15 »

I guess I should circulate some information here for pubics to see. First off, AoR 2012 is doing GREAT.

Though single player testing was done extensively a couple of months ago. I initially intended to just launch the fixes that were done for it, but a much larger project had begun to include FULL multiplayer support. So I've been working on a whole bunch of new fixes that had to be done to make everything work in multiplayer. So that progress was actually pretty slow during Prague development as I was learning about some synchronization issues that existed in the game. I fixed a considerable amount of those issues, leaving behind a fully function, but still slightly tweaky coop experience. I've come to the conclusion that this is as good as it gets and it's the best attempt yet. Given the limitations of the engine, synchronization is pretty damn good.

So far, reworking the chronicles has progressed up to Vienna's Haus De Hexe. Back tracking a bit, a new discipline called Obtenebration was redesigned with abilities based on the pnp book, but with Nihilistic's spin. Obtenebration was given to Luther Black and now you have the option to actually fight him. He can be tough as nails with those Obtenebration powers so watch yourself! More disciplines are in development.

Currently, I'm working on Movement of the Mind for the AI to use in Haus De Hexe. That should add an interesting spin to your battle against Etrius. Other disciplines will be in development too like Vicisitude and Quietus. I also noticed that Ravnos was on the clan list so Chimerstry could also be in development. But I draw a line there. I wont add abilities for clans not initially on the ncd file list. At the same time, Ravnos wasn't even used in the Vanilla game and Assamites only showed during a cutscene then vanished. So Chimerstry and Quietus would be secondary to most other developments at this time.  I'll get to them when I get to them and can be inspired to do them.

So AoR 2012 has been considerably delayed, but is gonna have some hell of a content.
"There's nothing wrong with horses dicks, there's nothing wrong with sucking horses dicks." -Signo

morgwin

• Santa Monica Police Officer
  • Team
  • Undead? yeah right man..
« Reply #35 on: 2012-09-01, 18:24:48 »

I would be interested in help with beta testing. I've beta tested a few games in the past.

Javokis

• Horses Dick
    • E-Mods.net
« Reply #36 on: 2012-09-01, 22:04:11 »

Check you PM, morgwin.  ;)

Javokis

• Horses Dick
    • E-Mods.net
« Reply #37 on: 2012-10-26, 13:03:59 »

I'm currently working on Quietus. So far it's coming along real slow, but I got two of the abilities mostly finished. I have three more abilities to work on. Once it's finished, I'll figure out ways to make Pink into a boss fight at the Giovanni mission. Should be interesting...

wesclash

« Reply #38 on: 2012-10-26, 16:03:40 »

I'm curious to see how you pull off the first level "zone of silence." I've been wondering if there was some way other then changing flags in the PC and NPC templates when they enter the zone and then restoring the flags from some master list to what it should be once the power ends or they leave the zone.

I'd also love the chance to crack Pink's skull. I always thought he got off too easy.  :)

Javokis

• Horses Dick
    • E-Mods.net
« Reply #39 on: 2012-10-27, 02:41:18 »

Silence of Death enables the SILENCE flag, but it also adds additional effects like reducing enemy stats and increasing your evasion (defense).

Scorpions Touch returns "poison" damage to anyone who attacks you in melee. Has a visual effect of being covered in blood (was NOT intentional). I was trying to make it so little scorpion symbols would appear on you through the shell overlay effect. Not sure whether I should fix it...

wesclash

« Reply #40 on: 2012-10-28, 19:15:59 »

Let 'em bleed.  ;)

Phantom of the Vamp

« Reply #41 on: 2012-11-01, 17:48:19 »

That's awesome that you're putting Obtenebration into the game and including an optional Luther Black fight!  The Ravnos Chimerstry sounds awesome too!

Since players do run into battle Tzimisce Vicisitude would be great to see, I also think Quietus needed to be added since Pink is really an Assimite (it'd make sense that his boss fight would be pretty unique). 

You could make it that only cappadocians get mortis, and build a necromancy for Giovanni. 

Dark Thaumaturgy might be doable too since it's something Tremere can screw up and get into this.  Not to mention a boss fight against one could be fun.

I also don't recall seeing the gargoyles with any sort of Visceratika that could stir up some extra trouble when battling them?

Just some thoughts with vamp clans I recall seeing in the game.  Again I look forward to anything you're ready to release!  Keep up the good work, and taking breaks to get re-inspired is a normal thing.  ;)

Phantom of the Vamp

« Reply #42 on: 2012-11-01, 18:49:07 »

Just some thoughts on the original intentions for Redemption if they had time to add it all to the game.

Taking a look here at Vampire Redemption's clan/sect listings (http://web.archive.org/web/20000606181417/http://www.gamespot.com/features/vampire_pre/page4.html)

They list the clans Assamite (independent), Brujah (Camarilla), Cappadocians (independent), Followers of Set (independent), Gangrel (Camarilla are shapeshifters), Lasombra (Sabbat), Malkavian (Camarilla members often possess sharp intellects), Nosferatu (Camarilla sect are deformed monsters), Ravnos (Independent), Tzimisce (Sabbat), Toreador (Camarilla devoted to art), Tremere (Camarilla), and Ventrue (doesn't say which sect).

For a release 2013/214 to mix things up a bit you could explore how vampire sects are at odds with each other a bit more.  So in multiplayer depending on your vampire clan it might be easier/harder fighting certain sects, or interacting with them etc.  You could always throw in an extra quest that helps out one group or the other.  ;)

This is also what it says about Vampire Redemptions Clan Warefare:

"The Kindred are loosely organized into two main, constantly warring sects. The first sect, the Camarilla, consists of seven of the vampiric clans and seeks to maintain the Masquerade and live among humans. The second sect, the Sabbat, consists of two of the vampiric clans and has more malevolent aims and views humans solely as prey. In addition to these sects, there are four independent clans and a variety of more secretive organizations, including doomsday cults dedicated to bringing about Gehenna at the end of the 20th century (because of production delays, Redemption has become a "period piece")."
« Last Edit: 2012-11-01, 18:56:22 by Phantom of the Vamp »

Javokis

• Horses Dick
    • E-Mods.net
« Reply #43 on: 2012-11-02, 12:53:34 »

One of the interesting things about Mortis is that they seem to have combined Necromancy into it. Awaken is also part of Mortis, but was made "Common" for ease of gameplay. I considered adding Necromancy, but I might just leave this alone because a lot of Necromancy abilities don't look like they have good gameplay applications and were designed for role-playing. Several parts Necromancy would be difficult to do with the current level design and to implement them would require a different kind of campaign from the one about Christof. Much of these abilities would be very "environment intensive" and wouldn't work with the current level designs or assets. Additional content would be needed especially for rituals.

I did add Movement of the Mind and gave that to Etrius for a rather difficult boss fight with him. Christof will gain Movement of the Mind upon "defeating" Etrius.

I really should start working on compiling the gameplay video Signothorn and I made when we did a rather large play through of Vienna together. But it's difficult to turn 2 hours of gameplay footage into only a 30 minute video (just to be practical). Neither of us have touched the raw footage in over a month.

Been way too busy lately.

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Page created in 0.062 seconds with 26 queries.