Please Help Support E-Mods.net by Donating

e-mods.net

• 2020-07-15, 21:04:02
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search

News:

Looking for VTMR Modding Tutorials? Check out the Modding Tutorials section of e-mods.net.

Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Age of Redemption 2012 (Coming Soon)  (Read 17430 times)

Phantom of the Vamp

Re: Age of Redemption 2012 (Coming Soon)
« Reply #15 on: 2012-06-16, 21:22:55 »

Freak'n awesome.  This is gonna be pretty sweet to play when it's ready.  :)

Javokis

• Horses Dick
    • E-Mods.net
« Reply #16 on: 2012-06-22, 23:37:55 »

Some new features (Fixes):

-Altered the Prague smithy so he doesn't sell heavy armors until after the embrace.
-Diseases and poisons can spread during feeding from and to victims. Wasn't working in prior versions... FIXED NOW
-Descriptions added to certain resistible disciplines like Awe and others like it to give the player stat information on what is the resisting factors to those disciplines.
-Every boss in AoR 2012 has a bitter surprise... approach with caution... these guys don't mess around.
-Anezka will give a blessing of regeneration at a rate based on player's faith stat. Duration last 10 minutes.
-Torches have a duration before burn out and provide an additional perk of adding +5 fire damage to every attack. :D
-Silver broadsword didn't have a silver attack flag... weird... 12 years going and nobody noticed? Anyway... FIXED
-Added whetstone to repair rusty weapons (dagger, axe, and broadsword). Can be bought at smithy.

[edit more changes]

-Dilution will now occur on every use of the awaken discipline - though not as major as the 800 year torpor. Still gonna be a pain in the ass.
-I also updated the config file layout (attached image below)
« Last Edit: 2012-06-24, 14:42:15 by Javokis »
"There's nothing wrong with horses dicks, there's nothing wrong with sucking horses dicks." -Signo

Javokis

• Horses Dick
    • E-Mods.net
« Reply #17 on: 2012-06-25, 19:14:04 »

More features:

-Vaclav now teleports around his target as he "haunts" it, causing fear and confusion. He's a pretty hard to kill mofo now. He also does more damage per hit so stay on your guard.
-All "magic" shops sell poison and disease vaccines.
-Did some custom enemy treasure class scripts. Vampires will drop mostly vitae based items and various trinkets (some rare vitae too). Ghouls will drop only common vitae items along with currency and trinkets. Humans can drop various "hunter" items like stakes and holy water along with trinkets and currency. Cash amount has increased and so has the value of treasures. So far, this has actually prompted much longer gameplay sessions as I manage all the loot and save up for the good stuff and I'm still not able to afford all that I want or need.
-Reworked the infectious and poisonous creature scripts so they are much more common and a whole lot more dangerous. With that stated, Bloodhealing will cure poisons and diseases from the first dot onward. All infections and poisons are permanent until cured by disciplines, scrolls, or vaccines.

I'm now up to the Tremere Chantry in Prague. Still got plenty of work to do.
"There's nothing wrong with horses dicks, there's nothing wrong with sucking horses dicks." -Signo

Phantom of the Vamp

« Reply #18 on: 2012-06-26, 20:51:52 »

:) :) :) :) :)  This is gonna be one hell of an awesome release!

Javokis

• Horses Dick
    • E-Mods.net
« Reply #19 on: 2012-06-26, 22:40:59 »

Well I'm finally up to the return to Prague. Battling things out in Viscerade or whatever Castle.

Mort

• Team
« Reply #20 on: 2012-06-26, 22:46:48 »

Making good progress.. I thought you would have hit some time-consuming boss tweaking at Ardan's Chantry
"Ordog, when I said "Give me some gold," I meant to do some cool moves; not drop a bag of gold.."

Javokis

• Horses Dick
    • E-Mods.net
« Reply #21 on: 2012-06-26, 23:03:34 »

Minor tweaking. The objective was simply to get the Tremere ai to spam their disciplines more often and to use area disciplines like a bitch when they are surrounded. Right now, I'm trying to remove certain tactical exploits. Not gonna say what they are because they are no longer valid. Making balance fixes and gameplay enhancements. As you progress up the levels, the game should get more difficult, not less. On the other hand, fighting Lasombra ghouls doesn't come with much room for difficulty, but loosing most of your items after being imprisoned by guards equipped with holy weapons is a real bitch. With all the new treasures and loot available it should not take long to buy back what you lost, but you'll need to approach the Teutonic Base with some good stats because blood could be hard to come by and you can't feed off the knights (armor).

Javokis

• Horses Dick
    • E-Mods.net
« Reply #22 on: 2012-06-28, 19:02:24 »

I am spending some extra time at the society of leopold to fix navigation issues around the doors. I'm mainly going through the door alignments in embrace map editor to get the doors to open in a less obstructing way for both the player and the AI. So far I fixed level 3. I need to do level 2 and level 1. Worst navigation issues ever, but fixable with walk area level design concepts meant to keep AI's away from props and obstructions. I was tempted to go through every level like this, but I really want to get this mod ready sooner. I'll consider more advanced fixes for level designs meant to make navigation for the AI much easier in later releases. I just wanted to fix the damn doors for Serena and her "pets".

Mort

• Team
« Reply #23 on: 2012-06-28, 22:24:38 »

Make sure to fix that carpet in the main hall area of society of leopold 1 near the stairs that head up to the 2nd floor.  I think I remember an issue with pathing around the carpet there.
"Ordog, when I said "Give me some gold," I meant to do some cool moves; not drop a bag of gold.."

Javokis

• Horses Dick
    • E-Mods.net
« Reply #24 on: 2012-06-28, 23:16:00 »

I'm gonna skip on that. I'm limiting my editing to scenes only as I don't want to deal with any more work than I have to in this regard. That carpet isn't really affecting the ai navigation much so it's not a priority. If I go into full export, I'll want to do more than just fix the carpet. There's incomplete doors too that seem to have wanted to lead somewhere. It's just so obvious that this level is NOT COMPLETE. Nor did NSI do any real AI nav testing in the level. Their "solution" was to just to put AI trigger regions at the door - which didn't solve anything and just made the level more awkward. I removed all those regions from the scene when I fixed up the door alignments on that level. AI can now navigate fairly okay. They still have trouble navigating around each other when that obstacle occurs. Not gonna mess with that issue much.

Javokis

• Horses Dick
    • E-Mods.net
« Reply #25 on: 2012-07-04, 15:18:42 »

I'm up to the Factory now. There's been so many changes to aor 2012 that I'm removing the change log list from the readme. I'm only gonna give an introduction and some major features on aor 2012. The rest is for people to discover on their own.

I'll say that everything has gone above and beyond my expectations of what I was gonna do with this mod and I hope that people can be supportive of how much aor is evolving. It's no longer a simple little mod that fixes some issues. This mod is turning into a titan of the SP game with MP coop support. I hope to have time to do some major online beta testing soon. I'm gonna finish up what I can by Friday then there will be a CLOSED multiplayer beta for select individuals for one week so to work out some bugs, "film" some video, and prepare to present the mod for public download.

Javokis

• Horses Dick
    • E-Mods.net
« Reply #26 on: 2012-07-09, 00:29:31 »

Despite having a pretty good run through of single player, there is actually much to be desired about the current multiplayer. There are issues that haven't been addressed since 2009 and it's about time for an overhaul of the entire MP version of Age of Redemption mod so that players get the freedom of the 2006 version of AoR with some awesome new 2012 features that will change how we play Vampire the Masquerade - Redemption in considerable ways. I'm not going into full detail but the work is being done on every script to include numerous additions that are meant to allow more player participation in multiplayer coop. Synchronization issues are numerous in some early testing with Signothorn and Mort, but those issues will all be addressed in later beta tests. The objective is to make sure that the clients can at least SEE what the main player is experiencing even if they are getting a wall of text from the conversation. Players will even be able to "replay" conversations so they can experience cutscenes that they normally can't participate in.

There's much work involved as the intent is to make it so that if you play as Christof, you should get the full experience of the single player game in all of its glory in multiplayer, while having it all synchronize with clients. There's even an option NOT to play as christof and take on the role of an observer of the events happening before you. So even if you don't play as Christof, there will still be a Christof in the quests sequences that you can participate in as another character. Lots of work ahead to make this happen. There will not be a Friday launch because of this new project.  :-\
« Last Edit: 2012-07-09, 00:31:38 by Javokis »

Mort

• Team
« Reply #27 on: 2012-07-10, 06:51:17 »

I really liked the idea of having the christof actor present in conversation locations rather than the players filling the roll themselves.  You are on the right track, in my opinion.

Phantom of the Vamp

« Reply #28 on: 2012-07-10, 18:59:09 »

This game is still my all time fav.  I definitely can't wait until it comes out.  :)

Mort

• Team
« Reply #29 on: 2012-07-11, 23:53:45 »

I should be on saturday evening for beta testing.
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Page created in 0.087 seconds with 26 queries.